The Student Room Group

is medicine hard?

how hard is a level biology ? chemistry? what about medicine in uni? how hard is it?

btw I have a bad memory and am sort of lazy
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
how hard is a level biology ? chemistry? what about medicine in uni? how hard is it?

Any A level is hard if you're lazy, let alone multiple A levels or a degree.
Reply 2
Original post by lhh2003
Any A level is hard if you're lazy, let alone multiple A levels or a degree.

Im not always lazy lol, just have some days

Bio and chem aren’t hard subjects, there’s just a lot of content to cover. You have to make sure you keep on top of the work otherwise you fall in a pit, which can be quite hard to get out of. But as long as you work on them consistently, it should be fine
Just be warned not everyone will make it.
Look what happened to Dr Doolittle, Dr Spock and Dr Who.
Reply 5
Original post by shomoysha
Bio and chem aren’t hard subjects, there’s just a lot of content to cover. You have to make sure you keep on top of the work otherwise you fall in a pit, which can be quite hard to get out of. But as long as you work on them consistently, it should be fine

explain further? do you take biology or chemistry ?
Reply 6
yes I read through them but they didn't answer my questions

How many hour of study daily for biology ? chemistry? medicine at uni?

How good does your memory have to be?
Reply 7
not always lazy but some days I will sleep over 12 hours
Reply 8
not always lazy but some days I will sleep over 12 hours

How productive are you on a good day ?
Reply 9
I am generally hard working though , I achieved 5A*'s 5A's at GCSE and I even did A level R.S. in year 11 and got an A
Original post by lhh2003
How productive are you on a good day ?

I can do 5 hours work / study non stop. I clean my room , hoover the house, cook dinner .

I am lazy because i sleep too much
I can do 5 hours work / study non stop. I clean my room , hoover the house, cook dinner .

I am lazy because i sleep too much

that's easily enough work for A-levels. (dunno for uni - not sure how the workload for medicine is)
explain further? do you take biology or chemistry ?

yeah I take both bio and chem. what I mean is that you should try and keep on track with school work and homework. If you're thinking of doing something like medicine in uni, then it's important for a lot of medical schools that you get good grades in bio and chem. I'd say, in my opinion, chemistry is harder than biology because not only do you have to learn a lot of content, but you also have to apply it to quite difficult scenarios. On the contrary, a lot of biology is fact recall, however you get extra marks in the exam if you answer questions with information outside the spec so i'd say you have to spend a good amount of time learning both subjects. hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest