Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, basically, what's been worrying me most about going to university is eating. I am pretty health-conscious & also want to lose weight, so i don't want to follow the usual pizza&pasta routine. I was just wondering whether this is gonna be a problem with socializing?

ReputationRep:
    lol, no! I'm not sure many people whos social life is dictated by Pasta! Sure, in the first year ordering take out is a bit of a big event with usually 20 odd people in my halls getting in on it (usually around football matches), but on day 1 I was surprised to find I was first in line to the microwave as there was no line - everyone was cooking full meals on day one!!

Eat what you want, if anything the more time you are in the kitchen cooking the more people you'll meet and talk to and the more sociable you'll be compared to someone who boils the kettle or puts the microwave on for a few minutes for a pot noodle or crap frozen meal!

Contrary to the old image of beans on toast for students, a significant percentage actually live better lives than those in full time work and eat very well! Study now, pay later, for some has increased cashflow allowing people to spend a lot of money on food if they so wish!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.