Un-salaried School Direct Student Finance Application

Watch
Ellielindsay
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm applying for student finance for an un-salaried school direct programme in secondary English. I rang student finance and the lady said I'd be eligible for a childcare grant, tuition fee loan and maintenance loan, BUT I am having issues filling in the application so maybe someone can help...
1. The space to fill in the name of the university for my first degree is too short
2. It doesn't seem to list the 'sub genre' of voluntary work experience in a school which seems odd as it's a common course
3. Everything I've read suggests there should be a point where I can "opt in" for the childcare finance, but there hasn't been that choice.
Last edited by Ellielindsay; 2 weeks ago
KittyKF
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are you applying online?

1. Not sure how to answer this. I thought usually you search and select from a list of providers. I'd abbreviate it for now, if they have issues with it, they'll contact you. Or contact again tomorrow and ask.
2. I'm unsure what section this is relevant to on a SF application.
3. I seem to remember being asked about dependents when going through the online form initially. If not, once you've submitted- you click on "change your application" and there is an option there to fill in additional forms about your children and their care.
Ellielindsay
Rep:
?
(Original post by KittyKF)
Are you applying online?

1. Not sure how to answer this. I thought usually you search and select from a list of providers. I'd abbreviate it for now, if they have issues with it, they'll contact you. Or contact again tomorrow and ask.
2. I'm unsure what section this is relevant to on a SF application.
3. I seem to remember being asked about dependents when going through the online form initially. If not, once you've submitted- you click on "change your application" and there is an option there to fill in additional forms about your children and their care.
Thanks. Trying to do it online. So it didn't automatically list my uni, even when I tried typing it a few different ways. My course is school direct so I will be on un salaried placement from day dot but after highlighting the option for work placement each term, working in a school is not one of their pre-stated options.
I cancelled my first application because I thought I'd missed the kids bit but all it asked was whether I had a child under 17, to which I clicked yes, then nothibg more was said of it. It's just a bit confusing, I'll have to ring tomorrow
KittyKF
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ellielindsay)
Thanks. Trying to do it online. So it didn't automatically list my uni, even when I tried typing it a few different ways. My course is school direct so I will be on un salaried placement from day dot but after highlighting the option for work placement each term, working in a school is not one of their pre-stated options.
I cancelled my first application because I thought I'd missed the kids bit but all it asked was whether I had a child under 17, to which I clicked yes, then nothibg more was said of it. It's just a bit confusing, I'll have to ring tomorrow
I see! Are you using the same student finance account as the one you used for your first degree? If it's possible, try inputting UCAS codes. If not, trying searching for your course first? I thought there was an enter manually button for some reason.

I've just finished my unsalaried school direct course. I'm pretty sure you tick the "at university" for all the options. Get in contact with your training provider, as mine gave me a document and advice on which options to pick etc. when going through the application.

Yes, I can see on mine and my students account there is an option after you've submitted to send details for children. It's under "change my application".
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ellielindsay)
Have you searched the provider instead of the uni? I think that sometimes happens.
Ellielindsay
Rep:
?
Thanks everyone! It was because I'd said school direct was a work placement instead of being 'in uni'. After I changed that, it all came up. They don't half make it confusing!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (161)
38.61%
Take autumn exams (127)
30.46%
Look for a job (15)
3.6%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.32%
Take a year out (70)
16.79%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
6.24%

Watched Threads