The Student Room Group

finally enforced face masks

they should be mandatory even without coronavirus I dont want germs and bacteria in my system
Never being exposed to bacteria and germs will make you more vulnerable :biggrin:

Though, I am delighted they have been brought in for the pandemic. FINALLY!
Original post by Bumble18
Never being exposed to bacteria and germs will make you more vulnerable :biggrin:

Though, I am delighted they have been brought in for the pandemic. FINALLY!

I cant be more vulnerable Ive already been exposed to germs/bacteria during my whole childhood/ teenage years
Bruh no one does :nah:
They should be mandatory, but not for eternity.
Original post by AdamNoahIssa
they should be mandatory even without coronavirus I dont want germs and bacteria in my system

I was actually having a similar conversation with someone earlier this evening. I said that I think that once the virus has "passed", people will start wearing masks when they become ill e.g. if they get a cold just out of fear of something like this happen again. Like how people in Japan wear a mask when they get ill out of respect to others, I think that's how it will be everywhere.

You will always have germs and bacteria. Some are good, and you need the bad ones to keep your immune system healthy and working.
Original post by Anonymous
They should be mandatory, but not for eternity.

lol I hope they're always mandaroty in shops, streets , obviously not the nightclub or pub

everyone should keep their germs/viruses to themselves
Reply 7

no, my face is too pretty to be covered up, sorry x

Your system is germs and bacteria, mainly.
Reply 9
Something tells me that forcing people to wear facemasks even after Covid isnt going to fly well with the general population...
Original post by DrawTheLine
I was actually having a similar conversation with someone earlier this evening. I said that I think that once the virus has "passed", people will start wearing masks when they become ill e.g. if they get a cold just out of fear of something like this happen again. Like how people in Japan wear a mask when they get ill out of respect to others, I think that's how it will be everywhere.

You will always have germs and bacteria. Some are good, and you need the bad ones to keep your immune system healthy and working.

Maybe for a short time - but I don't think being hygienic and courteous will permanently establish itself in the British psyche - I reckon we'll be cheerfully coughing all over our hands and wiping it off on bannisters again within 6 months of a vaccine dropping.
Original post by Joinedup
Maybe for a short time - but I don't think being hygienic and courteous will permanently establish itself in the British psyche - I reckon we'll be cheerfully coughing all over our hands and wiping it off on bannisters again within 6 months of a vaccine dropping.

agree lolll
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Something tells me that forcing people to wear facemasks even after Covid isnt going to fly well with the general population...

yes but some people in asia do all the time because of air pollution
Reply 13
yes but some people in asia do all the time because of air pollution

And? Those people are wearing them because they want to, they are not being forced to.
Take a look at the anti mask protesters. Some of them had no problem wearing a mask at the start of Covid. The problem they have is that the government is forcing people to wear them rather than just suggesting it. While it is important imo that the government is taking steps like that, it would be nonsensical to make people wear masks after Covid for no reason other than 'germs'.
If you would like to wear your facemask after Covid, be my guest. But 'germs' is not a good reason to force the entire population into masks.
I cant be more vulnerable Ive already been exposed to germs/bacteria during my whole childhood/ teenage years

yeh which is gd, u got your immune system built up. did u wear a mask before covid-19 ey?
Reply 15
The communications have been a **** up from start to finish. Due to incompetence and effective masks not available (and even if they were people can’t realistically tolerate them for every day tasks) the whole thing has been botched. The best bet in unpredictable circumstances would have been to say ‘face coverings’ are a simple control measure which intuitively makes sense so we’re making it mandatory. I suppose better late than never but it would be foolish to think this is the complete answer.

there's nothing stopping you from always wearing a mask if you want to. plenty of people were doing before coronavirus.

Quick Reply

Latest