SPAM30
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I'm thinking of writing something relating to the economy in Asian Countries or their recent economic growth. Anyone got any ideas on how to phrase a question like this?
Last edited by SPAM30; 8 months ago
GillisRobbieWGS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by SPAM30)
I'm thinking of writing something relating to the economy in Asian Countries or their recent economic growth. Anyone got any ideas on how to phrase a question like this?
How has Singapore financially benefitted since it split from Malaysia in 1975?
How did the collapse of the British Empire benefit Asian industry?
How did rapid development in technology during the late 20th and early 21st century benefit the Japanese economy after years of devastation?
How has Hong Kong become a centre for world economic and business growth since the British handed it back to China?

something along those lines
Good Luck!
SPAM30
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by GillisRobbieWGS)
How has Singapore financially benefitted since it split from Malaysia in 1975?
How did the collapse of the British Empire benefit Asian industry?
How did rapid development in technology during the late 20th and early 21st century benefit the Japanese economy after years of devastation?
How has Hong Kong become a centre for world economic and business growth since the British handed it back to China?

something along those lines
Good Luck!
Those are really interesting questions, thank you so much! Do you know of any resources I could use to research them in more detail?
GillisRobbieWGS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by SPAM30)
Those are really interesting questions, thank you so much! Do you know of any resources I could use to research them in more detail?
Primarily, I would look at Google Scholar and search keywords like "Chinese economic growth"
Try looking at teaching fellows and research fellows at various high flying universities (Maybe Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard, Stanford, St Andrews etc) maybe email them and say you're doing an EPQ and have some questions for them
Try looking on the government websites for the countries in question and see if they have anything about their recent economic growth
Look at broadsheet newspapers both from the UK and the Asian countries respectively

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (100)
5.12%
Uncertainty around my education (292)
14.95%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (206)
10.55%
Lack of purpose or motivation (273)
13.98%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (85)
4.35%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (111)
5.68%
Loneliness (170)
8.7%
Financial worries (70)
3.58%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.4%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.71%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.53%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (173)
8.86%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise