The Student Room Group

How can I take a "gap year" in Ulser University

The only possibility ive found so far is a leave of absence which is under medical conditions. I want to take a gap year because i couldnt find a placement for this year and im feeling really drained, I also have no friends so this gap year really wouldnt affect me socially etc. And i feel like my skills arent great enough yet to progress to final year (ive been on this course for 2 year and barely scraped by)
Original post by bumblebee2212
The only possibility ive found so far is a leave of absence which is under medical conditions. I want to take a gap year because i couldnt find a placement for this year and im feeling really drained, I also have no friends so this gap year really wouldnt affect me socially etc. And i feel like my skills arent great enough yet to progress to final year (ive been on this course for 2 year and barely scraped by)

In general, it's not really normal to take a gap year during uni, and you would need compelling reasons to do so.

Is there someone at the uni you can talk to about how you are feeling e.g. a personal tutor, or perhaps your course leader? They may be able to to suggest some possible solutions, and talk to you about how you can succeed in your final year.

Have you spoken to a GP about how you're feeling?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending