I can’t stay over his house 😩😭

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m 21 and this guy I’m dating not yet in a relationship with is 29. He lives alone and I live with my parents as I’m studying. He’s everything I’ve wanted and treats me how I’m suppose to be treated. He wants me to stay over some nights and stuff but my mum is kind of strict and doesn’t let me stay over barely let’s me stay over friends houses.
We’ve known eachother 2 years but I didn’t take interest in getting to know him so it’s not like we’ve spoke for 2years. Anyways we both lost people in our lives unfortunately however this brought us together. Meaning we’ve been speaking for about 2months now. He lives about 10 mins away from me driving wise and I’ve stayed at his house twice but my mum wasn’t happy( said I was staying at my friends) first time she was fine with it second time she wasn’t.

I don’t want to push him away and I don’t want him to feel like my mum won’t let me ( so embarrassing ) as he might think it’s because I’m young and won’t really have interest anymore.

What should I do? ( tbh I don’t feel like I should be staying over much we aren’t officially dating so.... I don’t want to give him too much before a relationship anyways )

Can I get some advice please. I don’t know what reason to give to him when he asks.
username2960344
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
tbh I think u should tell him how u feel about not wanting to give such relationships things before an actual relationship because it kinda defeats the purpose. Ur mum is trying to look out for u but u are 21 and old enough to make ur own decisions if need be. Just go with ur heart
I _ Love _ You
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m 21 and this guy I’m dating not yet in a relationship with is 29. He lives alone and I live with my parents as I’m studying. He’s everything I’ve wanted and treats me how I’m suppose to be treated. He wants me to stay over some nights and stuff but my mum is kind of strict and doesn’t let me stay over barely let’s me stay over friends houses.
We’ve known eachother 2 years but I didn’t take interest in getting to know him so it’s not like we’ve spoke for 2years. Anyways we both lost people in our lives unfortunately however this brought us together. Meaning we’ve been speaking for about 2months now. He lives about 10 mins away from me driving wise and I’ve stayed at his house twice but my mum wasn’t happy( said I was staying at my friends) first time she was fine with it second time she wasn’t.

I don’t want to push him away and I don’t want him to feel like my mum won’t let me ( so embarrassing ) as he might think it’s because I’m young and won’t really have interest anymore.

What should I do? ( tbh I don’t feel like I should be staying over much we aren’t officially dating so.... I don’t want to give him too much before a relationship anyways )

Can I get some advice please. I don’t know what reason to give to him when he asks.
All mums care about their kids. She worries that staying in her house could cause some problems at least in future like pregnancy .A girl definitly can't stay in a guy's house always without sexual intercourse . Can she ?
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why does she have so much control over you?
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When you’re a parent, are you going to be perfectly okay with your young daughter “staying over” alone with a guy eight years older than her at his house?
username2393237
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tazarooni89)
When you’re a parent, are you going to be perfectly okay with your young daughter “staying over” alone with a guy eight years older than her at his house?
It’s normal to have concerns, but she’s an adult and she shouldn’t have to justify anything.

Is your mum religious OP?
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by YaliaV)
It’s normal to have concerns, but she’s an adult and she shouldn’t have to justify anything.
I’d agree that’s true once you’re making your own money, moved out of your parents’ house and into your own place etc.

But I’d say parents still have authority over you as long as you’re still dependent on them and they’re still responsible for you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by YaliaV)

Is your mum religious OP?
Sort of religious and African cultural. She doesn’t know about him.
Anonymous #1
She doesn’t know about him.
I’d agree that’s true once you’re making your own money, moved out of your parents’ house and into your own place etc.

But I’d say parents still have authority over you as long as you’re still dependent on them and they’re still responsible for you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by I _ Love _ You)
All mums care about their kids. She worries that staying in her house could cause some problems at least in future like pregnancy .A girl definitly can't stay in a guy's house always without sexual intercourse . Can she ?
No. However , She doesn’t know about him.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Just run away from home and be with the person you want to be with.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by username2960344)
tbh I think u should tell him how u feel about not wanting to give such relationships things before an actual relationship because it kinda defeats the purpose. Ur mum is trying to look out for u but u are 21 and old enough to make ur own decisions if need be. Just go with ur heart
But how many times a week should I be staying at his house and sleeping from home. She doesn’t know about him btw.

I feel like I can’t use that excuse because I’ve slept at his house twice already 😩😭. I feel like I’ll push him away if I don’t say anything Cus I have nothing to say instead of just ‘no’ when he asks which is abit rude.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just run away from home and be with the person you want to be with.
My 31 year old sister did that. Ended up pregnant and the man ran away from her
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads