Question on Virtual Reality IN games

Watch
farukhcasy2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello everyone,for a term paper in my studies I write about the appearance of different forms of virtual reality IN a game. An example for something like that would be Assassins Creed 1 and 2, where the "Animus" is the interface between the "real" world and the virtual reality in the game. However, it is extremely difficult to find other examples online, since I'm only able to find websites on virtual reality-games.Do you have any other games in mind, besides the assassins creed series, that contain such a "virtual reality-like framework"?Thanks in advance!
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by farukhcasy2)
Hello everyone,for a term paper in my studies I write about the appearance of different forms of virtual reality IN a game. An example for something like that would be Assassins Creed 1 and 2, where the "Animus" is the interface between the "real" world and the virtual reality in the game. However, it is extremely difficult to find other examples online, since I'm only able to find websites on virtual reality-games.Do you have any other games in mind, besides the assassins creed series, that contain such a "virtual reality-like framework"?Thanks in advance!
Hyper Scape is a newly released game that is set in a collectively shared VR world. Superhot also has the character playing in VR apparently.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Don't know if it counts as it's AR rather than VR, but Watch Dogs 1 (I don't think WD2 had it) had it.

Consortium is a mind-bending Matrix-like game where you control a character (as per usual), but the other characters learn that you the play exist. It gets more complex as you replay the game / 'go back in time' with prior knowledge. The game literally is the virtual reality.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (162)
38.12%
Take autumn exams (130)
30.59%
Look for a job (16)
3.76%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.24%
Take a year out (72)
16.94%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
6.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise