Siemens Software Development Apprentice Interview

Watch
stewmar
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I have an interview for Siemens Software Development Apprentice next week. This involves a strength based interview with a practical exercise. Does anyone have any knowledge on what the practical exercise will be?
_SlickRick_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by stewmar)
Hi, I have an interview for Siemens Software Development Apprentice next week. This involves a strength based interview with a practical exercise. Does anyone have any knowledge on what the practical exercise will be?
Just successfully completed an interview and been taken on by Siemens for an engineering role. I know it isn't software development but I wanted to offer you some interview advice. I have no idea what the practical activity may be, but I do know that if you are able to demonstrate that you are willing to learn from your mistakes and can think critically about your work you will do well. I am assuming that the interviews are still over zoom or through their portal? You may have to communicate with multiple hiring managers at once (three in my case) don't feel intimidated by this and try to have a conversation rather than a straight question and answer session. Be yourself and say things that sort of humanise you a bit more, yes its a strength based interview but it is important that you can confidently talk about your weaknesses. You have the advantage of being at home so if you have any side projects (for example I showed a few robots that I programmed) try to work them in to the conversation, they will be very impressed. Prepare projects and experiences to talk about (such as charity work or an app you have made) and be ready to talk about such experiences in a way that shows how they have helped you develop or what you have learned from it. This shows that you are a good learner and will be able to get on well with your studies. As well as showing off some of the things I have made, I spoke about charity and other work I have done to show them that I am well-rounded with my technical skills as well as my soft skills. Its good to demonstrate a good balance because not only are you expected to put in the work, but it is expected that you will be able to get on with people and operate in the work environment also... Hopefully these things should back you up if you don't do too well in the activity. Make sure you know your terminology too. They asked me some surprise technical questions. Nothing too difficult just some GCSE physics questions. I haven't done it in a while so I was a little slow to start off with so i suggest you familiarise yourself with the appropriate topics (sorry I do not know much about software dev). Anyways I hope this helped. Feel free to send me a message if you want more info about the recruitment process.

GOOD LUCK!
stewmar
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by _SlickRick_)
Just successfully completed an interview and been taken on by Siemens for an engineering role. I know it isn't software development but I wanted to offer you some interview advice. I have no idea what the practical activity may be, but I do know that if you are able to demonstrate that you are willing to learn from your mistakes and can think critically about your work you will do well. I am assuming that the interviews are still over zoom or through their portal? You may have to communicate with multiple hiring managers at once (three in my case) don't feel intimidated by this and try to have a conversation rather than a straight question and answer session. Be yourself and say things that sort of humanise you a bit more, yes its a strength based interview but it is important that you can confidently talk about your weaknesses. You have the advantage of being at home so if you have any side projects (for example I showed a few robots that I programmed) try to work them in to the conversation, they will be very impressed. Prepare projects and experiences to talk about (such as charity work or an app you have made) and be ready to talk about such experiences in a way that shows how they have helped you develop or what you have learned from it. This shows that you are a good learner and will be able to get on well with your studies. As well as showing off some of the things I have made, I spoke about charity and other work I have done to show them that I am well-rounded with my technical skills as well as my soft skills. Its good to demonstrate a good balance because not only are you expected to put in the work, but it is expected that you will be able to get on with people and operate in the work environment also... Hopefully these things should back you up if you don't do too well in the activity. Make sure you know your terminology too. They asked me some surprise technical questions. Nothing too difficult just some GCSE physics questions. I haven't done it in a while so I was a little slow to start off with so i suggest you familiarise yourself with the appropriate topics (sorry I do not know much about software dev). Anyways I hope this helped. Feel free to send me a message if you want more info about the recruitment process.

GOOD LUCK!
Thanks for the advice...much appreciated. Mine is a face to face interview!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (178)
58.75%
No they should not (90)
29.7%
Abstain (35)
11.55%

Watched Threads