Help! Parents Applying for Childcare Grant

Watch
Ellielindsay
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Student Finance wants proof that my child is financially dependent on me, but how do I prove that? I'm not getting any benefits for him except the £20 a week that is statutory. No universal credit and he is too young for nursery hours. Has anyone been through this?
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would have thought that a copy of his birth certificate showing him being so young ought to be enough?
Ellielindsay
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ReadingMum)
I would have thought that a copy of his birth certificate showing him being so young ought to be enough?
That's what I thought. The whole point of the grant is that we are not getting any other help so how am I supposed to prove that I don't have something! I guess a long wait on hold to SLC is my fun activity today...
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ellielindsay)
Student Finance wants proof that my child is financially dependent on me, but how do I prove that? I'm not getting any benefits for him except the £20 a week that is statutory. No universal credit and he is too young for nursery hours. Has anyone been through this?
If oyur getting child benefit which is the £20 a week you mention, then give them the child benefit letter, if you dont have one get one from the benefits office, thats likely what they are wanting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (160)
38.55%
Take autumn exams (126)
30.36%
Look for a job (15)
3.61%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.34%
Take a year out (70)
16.87%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
6.27%

Watched Threads