Of mice and men gcse

Watch
luckyangel_.x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
We finished Of Mice and Men in class, but I feel really underprepared and feel as though we don’t have enough material on it to do essays confidently. Are there any websites which are genuinely reliable and have good notes which I could use?

How do people revise for GCSE texts like Of Mice and Men? What kind of techniques do you use because I need to start revising but I have no idea where or how to start. Thank you

b1nary
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you have any revision books?
luckyangel_.x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by b1nary)
Do you have any revision books?
I just got the gcse cgp guide for of mice and men but I was told that it will only get you to grade 5, but I’m aiming for grade 8/9.
r0h1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by luckyangel_.x)
We finished Of Mice and Men in class, but I feel really underprepared and feel as though we don’t have enough material on it to do essays confidently. Are there any websites which are genuinely reliable and have good notes which I could use?

How do people revise for GCSE texts like Of Mice and Men? What kind of techniques do you use because I need to start revising but I have no idea where or how to start. Thank you
I studied Of Mice and Men in year 9 but not for GCSE, I did Romeo and Juliet, however for most English texts, the important things to note are the themes and characters of the book.

Start making flashcards on the themes of the book, what it means, it's quite simple as it talks about the American Dream, make notes and do research about the context of the American Dream, then move onto each of the characters and their traits, how they interact with others, e.g how George is almost like a father figure to Lennie.

In addition to this, look for key quotes in the book as in the exam, they come in use depending on the question. Also see on YouTube if there's any videos on it, I'm pretty sure there are, YouTube is literally the best when it comes to revision I find

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (192)
33.28%
Receiving them online / by email (289)
50.09%
I still don't know (96)
16.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise