sarahhhxo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
how would i revise for maths?

and how could i revise and memorise the equation?
username5332164
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Unfortunately In maths u just have to keep doing questions and pass papers till u do so many u get a idea of how they ask the questions (got a 9 at gcse but failing a levels lmao XD)
Chocolatecakexx
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
make a revison timestable
Attached files
lulumillie02
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by sarahhhxo)

Maths is a subject where practice practice practice is the best revision.
By practicing questions from online worksheets or doing past papers, hopefully you would recognise what the question is asking you to do and apply the equations you have learnt to the specific question.
What you could do for equations is maybe write them on flashcards and put sticky notes around the house.
The more you use the flashcards with the equation on the back and the more you see the sticky notes dotted around the house, you would remember them for the questions that you do and can apply the mathematical knowledge that you have learnt.
I hope this helped
ThoughtsOfSpring
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The CGP practice workbooks can be really helpful because they give fully laid out solutions to all the questions. Start with the 1-9 book first and then go on to the 8-9 book.
Set aside an hour or two at the weekend to do some questions - it's hard when you're already busy with other things but honestly it's so worth it.
In terms of equations, they'll stick in your head the more you use them in practice questions. Also make sure to check which ones you actually have to know off by heart because some exam boards give you some equations on the front of the paper!
Personally, I found that spending my maths revision doing practice questions rather than making loads of notes helped me get a 9 in my mock (can't take the real exam because of covid) even though I found flashcards/mindmaps/notes really helpful in other subjects.
Best of luck for your revision! 😊
ThoughtsOfSpring
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

The CGP practice workbooks can be really helpful because they give fully laid out solutions to all the questions. Start with the 1-9 book first and then go on to the 8-9 book.
Set aside an hour or two at the weekend to do some questions - it's hard when you're already busy with other things but honestly it's so worth it.
In terms of equations, they'll stick in your head the more you use them in practice questions. Also make sure to check which ones you actually have to know off by heart because some exam boards give you some equations on the front of the paper!
Personally, I found that spending my maths revision doing practice questions rather than making loads of notes helped me get a 9 in my mock (can't take the real exam because of covid) even though I found flashcards/mindmaps/notes really helpful in other subjects.
sarahhhxo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by ThoughtsOfSpring)
ohhhh thanks soo much but can i find an cgp book online for maths or do i have to buy it?
ThoughtsOfSpring
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
ohhhh thanks soo much but can i find an cgp book online for maths or do i have to buy it?
I had to buy mine as I couldn't find an online version of the workbooks. I think there are online versions of the revision guides/textbook though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (23)
17.29%
I'm not sure (3)
2.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (45)
33.83%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.26%
I'm not a current university student (59)
44.36%

Watched Threads