?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Last edited by username5279298; 1 month ago
Sameera2020
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I always said "A glass of milk a day keeps the insanity away" but whatever floats your boat
username5279298
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sameera2020)
I always said "A glass of milk a day keeps the insanity away" but whatever floats your boat
Nice one :lol:
Honestly titles are such a pain to create
Sameera2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Roses_Dreams)
Nice one :lol:
Honestly titles are such a pain to create
You should take a look at my blog title😎
_dil_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your GYG IS LOOKING GREAT!! I need to take some tips from you on how to make my post look nice. Good luck!!
username5279298
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sameera2020)
You should take a look at my blog title😎
Omg you have a BLOG. I've been hiding under a rock, I'll take a look now :yep:

(Original post by _dil_)
Your GYG IS LOOKING GREAT!! I need to take some tips from you on how to make my post look nice. Good luck!!
Thank youuuu but yours is really good too
Nutella!
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
woooooooo!!! :elefant::rave:
RyanC_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yay you made a GYG

Yeah, I think after results day you can officially be a Year 11 :yep: haha

Tbh, I still don't get how anyone can like lit more than lang, it's so much more confusing! 😂

:hello:
username5279298
Rep:
?
(Original post by RyanC_)
Yay you made a GYG

Yeah, I think after results day you can officially be a Year 11 :yep: haha

Tbh, I still don't get how anyone can like lit more than lang, it's so much more confusing! 😂

:hello:
:yep:
Oh goodness :hide:
How could you? :lol: English Language is the definition of waffle for me
neko no basu
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ooh I keep discovering more blogs/gygs :rofl3:can i be added to the tag list pls?

Good luck for year 11! :nyan:
username5279298
Rep:
?
(Original post by neko no basu)
ooh I keep discovering more blogs/gygs :rofl3:can i be added to the tag list pls?

Good luck for year 11! :nyan:
Yeah of course :yep: (I've seen you around before :hello:)
Thank youuuu :elefant:
username5279298
Rep:
?
Update #1

I'm finding it slightly unnerving that my Year 9 GYG is directly below this one (so embarrassing) :shakecane:

Good morning everyone :hi:
My week has consisted of me mainly doing nothing, because online school drained me so much that I decided to rest for a few days :poke:

The day after creating this GYG , I had to finish some English Language work on Paper 2 (because it was already overdue :facepalm:) and I cannot emphasise how satisfying it was to click submit :adore: . Afterwards I spent days of complete bliss, complete bliss I tell you.

So we basically decided to refurbish our house we changed our carpet, painted a few walls (and the stairs :yep:) and we also took out an old sofa, which has now become extinct- may it rest in peace :rip:

I've tried my best to carry on exercising like I was in lockdown :dumbells: but honestly I was so tired for a couple of days that I mainly flopped about and did nothing
Spoiler:
Show
Developing an unhealthy habit for digestives in the meantime, the plainest biscuits in the history of the universe :ninja:

Yesterday I managed to get a bit of work in (go me :dance:), I did a Biology past paper *cough before realising there's no mark scheme :crazy:* and a few French vocab lists on Quizlet. Technically it should have been Spanish seeing as that is my weaker language, but does it matter? Not in particular, Roses :nah:

I'm probably planning on doing something light again today, maybe Maths. At some point I might walk the dog and probably watch some Netflix. I watched an incredible documentary / film called Anthony on BBC 1, I'm not going to say anything but please please please watch it. It brought me to tears :cry2: , and it was so beautifully directed about such a promising life.

Atm I'm reading "When Breath Becomes Air", I've only just started so I'm hoping it's good
:flip: and listening to a lot of music. Rn I'm seriously considering updating more often because for the life of me, I cannot remember how this week passed by :hide: I might start updating on Mondays as well as Thursdays to make life easier :awesome:

Tags (let me know if you would like to be added or removed)

I hope you've all had an amazing week!

~Roses_Dreams 30/07/2020
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Roses_Dreams I want to be tagged this is so good!! How did I not find this before? :zomg:
You did loads of work yesterday, keep it up :goodluck::party:
username5355996
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello :hello:
Hello again

I'm Roses & Dreams (aka Roses for short) and today is officially my last day of Year 10. Here I am, procrastinating as per usual :grumble:, and creating a GYG for Year 11 (can I call myself a Year 11 yet, or is that after results day)? :getmecoat:

The reason for creating this at the beginning of the summer holidays, rather than later on like a normal person :nutcase:, is because I don't want to rush the opening post at 4am in the morning on the day I begin school (great excuse, I know. 10/10 for creativity :yep:). Also I thought of the title on the spot and thought well you know, waste not want not :dontknow:.

Obviously this year has been like no other :iiam:, and one that people are unlikely to ever forget. I just wanted this little space to share the moments when I'm drifting on cloud 9, and the moments when I feel like burying myself 20 feet underground. After lurking on other GYGs and blogs for a while :ninja:, I know I have high standards to live up to *no pressure then* :moon:

Without further ado (drumroll please... :dance:) , here are the 10 GCSEs I will be working towards next year - albeit with no grades (because I cAn'T rEmEmBeR tHeM :facepalm:)
Spoiler:
Show
Maths AQA
English Lit :awesome: and Lang :banghead: AQA
Biology AQA
Chemistry AQA
Physics AQA :headfire:
French AQA :france:
BTEC Sports Studies (I believe this is OCR, not that I really care)
Spanish AQA
And another language GCSE woohoo :rolleyes:

My favourite subjects are probably French and English Literature right now, with my least favourite being Sports Studies (it's so boring :yucky:) and Physics

My future aspirations:
Spoiler:
Show
So, I plan on doing A levels after Year 11 (if I'm still alive :dontknow:) and I've decided on French and English Literature, but I'm torn between 5 subjects for the 3rd and potentially 4th. Save my kindred soul :hoppy: having no idea what I want to study in the future doesn't particularly help either :cry2:

About me:
Spoiler:
Show
I like chocolate :cookie:
I still like chocolate
I enjoy sports and reading
Netflix is life
Loving music is great, but my taste is so versatile that it's actually ridiculous
I have a pet dog
I watch gameplays on youtube
Oh oh oh I almost forgot I do some baking at times

Basically everything that I enjoyed has been put on hold what else can I say?

If you read this before I edit it, I plan on editing I promise *edit: I edited :fyi:*. My stupid phone doesn't let me add jazzy stuff straight away.

How am I feeling about Year 11?
I'm feeling okay about it, I suppose. In no way do I feel prepared, but then again who does? The thing that probably worries me most is that this year will probably fly by, and sooner rather than later it will be me saying goodbye to everybody. Me and the word goodbye are not a good combination. :fuhrer:

That was a longgg OP. For everybody receiving results, best of luck but please remember that numbers do not define you :poke:. And for fellow Year 10s and 12s who are going into Year 11 and 13, we have got this! We are strong, and this will be our year. :dumbells:

"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory".

I plan on updating every Monday and Thursday.
Thank you for reading (I'll quit being inspirational now :emo:).

Tags (this will be regularly updated in the OP, so that I don't lose them smh) :
Sorry I missed this blog roses good luck with it
username5355996
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Update #1

I'm finding it slightly unnerving that my Year 9 GYG is directly below this one (so embarrassing) :shakecane:

Good morning everyone :hi:
My week has consisted of me mainly doing nothing, because online school drained me so much that I decided to rest for a few days :poke:

The day after creating this GYG , I had to finish some English Language work on Paper 2 (because it was already overdue :facepalm:) and I cannot emphasise how satisfying it was to click submit :adore: . Afterwards I spent days of complete bliss, complete bliss I tell you.

So we basically decided to refurbish our house we changed our carpet, painted a few walls (and the stairs :yep:) and we also took out an old sofa, which has now become extinct- may it rest in peace :rip:

I've tried my best to carry on exercising like I was in lockdown :dumbells: but honestly I was so tired for a couple of days that I mainly flopped about and did nothing
Spoiler:
Show
Developing an unhealthy habit for digestives in the meantime, the plainest biscuits in the history of the universe :ninja:

Yesterday I managed to get a bit of work in (go me :dance:), I did a Biology past paper *cough before realising there's no mark scheme :crazy:* and a few French vocab lists on Quizlet. Technically it should have been Spanish seeing as that is my weaker language, but does it matter? Not in particular, Roses :nah:

I'm probably planning on doing something light again today, maybe Maths. At some point I might walk the dog and probably watch some Netflix. I watched an incredible documentary / film called Anthony on BBC 1, I'm not going to say anything but please please please watch it. It brought me to tears :cry2: , and it was so beautifully directed about such a promising life.

Atm I'm reading "When Breath Becomes Air", I've only just started so I'm hoping it's good
:flip: and listening to a lot of music. Rn I'm seriously considering updating more often because for the life of me, I cannot remember how this week passed by :hide: I might start updating on Mondays as well as Thursdays to make life easier :awesome:

Tags (let me know if you would like to be added or removed)

I hope you've all had an amazing week!

~Roses_Dreams 30/07/2020
Decorating the house.............you are ella im telling you

Actually you have a dog so that rules that out ellas scared of them
username5279298
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
Roses_Dreams I want to be tagged this is so good!! How did I not find this before? :zomg:
You did loads of work yesterday, keep it up :goodluck::party:
Of course, I'll add you now :five:
Thank youuuu (the group study thread helps a lot , when I actually remember to join :burnout:).

(Original post by Goldie-Is-King)
Sorry I missed this blog roses good luck with it
Thank you, you didn't miss it at all :nah: would you like a tag?

(Original post by Goldie-Is-King)
Decorating the house.............you are ella im telling you

Actually you have a dog so that rules that out ellas scared of them
Dogs are the best :yep:
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
this is amazing I wish I had the motivation in y11 to do a gyg
username5279298
Rep:
?
(Original post by josie71202)
this is amazing I wish I had the motivation in y11 to do a gyg
Thank you what year are you in now?
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you what year are you in now?
going to 13 so I feel a level of sympathy
username5279298
Rep:
?
(Original post by josie71202)
going to 13 so I feel a level of sympathy
It must be so tough on you guys as well :console:
Best of luck, I'm sure we'll all get through this! :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (41)
13.53%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (45)
14.85%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (106)
34.98%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (29)
9.57%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (66)
21.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.28%

Watched Threads