The Student Room Group

A Level Revision Techniques???

Hey guys! Hope you’re all good. I was wondering if anyone has any revision methods and techniques they found useful when studying. I’m struggling a bit with revising and how to remember the content we study. What has everyone else done when revising that they found useful? I’m studying Psychology, Spanish and English Literature btw. I’m struggling most with Spanish. Thanks for your help in advance x
Original post by Ali-liyyah
Hey guys! Hope you’re all good. I was wondering if anyone has any revision methods and techniques they found useful when studying. I’m struggling a bit with revising and how to remember the content we study. What has everyone else done when revising that they found useful? I’m studying Psychology, Spanish and English Literature btw. I’m struggling most with Spanish. Thanks for your help in advance x

I used to revise off mind maps and flashcards x
Reply 2
Original post by hope1279
I used to revise off mind maps and flashcards x

Okay, I’ll give these a try. Thanks so much for your help x
For oanguages, HelloTalk is very helpful as you can be corrected when you make mistakes - it takes time, but it really improved my French! I'd also suggest you get a grammar workbook, listen to podcasts in Spanish and aim to learn as much of the vocab in your textbook as you can! The more vocab you know, the easier your life will be!

For English, I'd suggest that you read critical articles from JSTOR and Google scholar on your books in order to get more perspectives. You can also practice planning essays for different themes including which main section you'd focus on in each paragraph. I also suggest annotating quotes, researching new literary techniques, and researching context :smile:
Hope it goes well!
Original post by Ali-liyyah

Hi @Ali-liyyah

I generally revise by creating mind maps, then condensing all the information onto revision cards. Then I try and memorise the cards and test my self by seeing how much I can write of by heart. I find that writing thing helps me remember the information. I also try and do past papers to get my self familiar to the exam. Good luck!

Zaira
Reply 5
Hey guys! Thanks so much for all your help! Will definitely give these a go and hopefully I’ll see better results! Thanks again x

Quick Reply

Latest