GCSE Results 2020: Post your GCSE results!

Watch
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Post your GCSE results here!

Yes despite everything that's happened, you all still get to experience the emotional rollercoaster that is results day.

Congratulations are in order to all of you getting results. It's been a rough year for it and it can't be easy when they're out of your hands like this.

Here's a template you can use:

Subjects:
(Subject): Predicted: ? / Achieved: ?

(predicted means what you think you'll be awarded, not your CAGs)

Any comments or reactions:
(here)

Future ambitions:
(e.g. for uni, for college/6th form)

Other threads to check out:
"Are these GCSEs good enough for..."
Autumn exams and appeals information
Didn't do as well as you hoped?
Chat/countdown thread GCSE
Post your results
Last edited by Sinnoh; 1 month ago
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
gcses are on the 20th of august arent they?
macy_m
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This scared me, I thought it was Thursday for a sec
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by macy_m)
lmao! goodluck im not in yr11 but oh well:dancing:
macy_m
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nikkiblonsky)
lmao! goodluck im not in yr11 but oh well:dancing:
Thank you :hugs:
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you :hugs:
rootin for ya!:dancing2:
Humairazaman
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ayyy thanks for making this, got absolutely no clue what I'm gonna get but Good Luck Guyssssss:borat:

We've come this far, we should be glad we survived a global pandemic, don't worry and be grateful!!:king1:
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Humairazaman)
Ayyy thanks for making this, got absolutely no clue what I'm gonna get but Good Luck Guyssssss:borat:

We've come this far, we should be glad we survived a global pandemic, don't worry and be grateful!!:king1:
exactly!:bhangra:
Abzdot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone have any ideas on how they decide the CAGs? I went from 4s at the end of y10 to 7s at the start of y11 and was really hoping on getting a few 8s and maybe a 9 in there on Thursday or is that me being too hopeful?
The Learn Ranger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Abzdot)
Anyone have any ideas on how they decide the CAGs? I went from 4s at the end of y10 to 7s at the start of y11 and was really hoping on getting a few 8s and maybe a 9 in there on Thursday or is that me being too hopeful?
They will be your teachers' judgement of what grade you would have achieved had the exams gone ahead. Sounds like you improved massively so well done! Hopefully your grades will reflect this. Good luck!
Humairazaman
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Post your GCSE results here!

Yes despite everything that's happened, you all still get to experience the emotional rollercoaster that is results day.

Congratulations are in order to all of you getting results. It's been a rough year for it and it can't be easy when they're out of your hands like this.

Here's a template you can use:

Subjects:

(predicted means what you think you'll be awarded, not your CAGs)

Any comments or reactions:
(here)

Future ambitions:
(e.g. for uni, for college/6th form)

Other threads to check out:
"Are these GCSEs good enough for..."ī
Autumn exams and appeals information
Didn't do as well as you hoped?
Chat/countdown thread GCSE
Post your results
I'm really confused why do we have 2 results days?
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Humairazaman)
I'm really confused why do we have 2 results days?
You don't, right? What makes you think that?
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
You don't, right? What makes you think that?
maybe as this post was made two days prior to results day and the reader got misguided?
lntrns
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nikkiblonsky)
maybe as this post was made two days prior to results day and the reader got misguided?
I think they meant because of the rumours about the algorithm results being released a week later than results day. So we might get our CAGs on results day then our algorithm grades or our actual grades (CAGs plus any grades which were upgraded by the algorithm) a week later. However JCQ (the collective which includes all the major exam boards) has said the final results come out on Thursday. I feel like this will end up messy though.
Abzdot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My school has just announced that we're getting our predicted grades tomorrow and next week we're getting our moderated results and whichever has higher results will be our official results

EDIT: my school won't be giving me my predictions tomorrow they just sent an email saying that it was an "error"
Last edited by Abzdot; 1 month ago
karolinamcz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
heyy, only got 1 gcse done this year and doing the rest next year x good luck to everyone, grades won’t define us and we’re gonna do great xx
bored_user:)
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey everyone!! Good luck for tomorrow!!

I got my A level results a few days ago and I dont know if this will help you or not but.. I wish it does.

I remember me getting my GCSE results a few years ago (2 lol, please dont think Im old) and I actually didnt do well. I got an A* and the rest were Bs and Cs with majority of those being Cs. Well, coming from an Asian (Muslim) background where everyone judges you based on your GCSE and A level grades and where you are always compared with your cousins or the neighbour next door or some aunties son or something... it doesnt feel good and I know that...

After getting those grades I was VERY disappointed, believe me I was... but heres the thing... tomorrow.. your grades... you arent responsible for them.. you did your best and none of that matters and it is just part of a classist and sexist society that would try to downgrade you just because of something that was NEVER your fault. I know kids who worked very hard, went to grammar school and got BDD when they were predicted As on A level results day. Why? Because this is a messed up results day! Luck matters here and if you didnt get the grades you need please do not be sad because I know and you know that it isnt your fault!

I am actually an A level resit btw and when I first sat my A levels I got CCD and yes that was hard too. But guess what, I resat them and got A*A*A in very difficult subjects. So it isnt the end of the world! It isnt the be all end all! Brian Cox, a very famous scientist got a D in A level maths and then he resat his A levels when he was a mature student (older than 21 years) which is insane!! But this shows that hard work and determination never fails.

I will tell you something I told someone not so long ago (notice how I am trying to not sound old here lol) and I said: "IT ISNT ABOUT SLIPPING WHEN YOU CLIMB A MOUNTAIN, IT IS ABOUT GIVING UP AND COMING BACK DOWN" so it doesnt matter if you got an A or a B or a C or even a U because if you give up just because you fell down and hurt your knee... that aint good fam... you gotta climb all the way up no matter what! And you have to scream when you get to the top and say "I DID IT! I PROVED EVERYONE WRONG! I ****ING DID IT!!"

And then... you are greater than anyone who had it easy...

For people who do well tomorrow: Well done! Doing well is relative to each person. For someone, getting a C might be a good grade and for another person they might want an A* but if you are happy with what you got.. then well done! I am proud of you! TSR is proud of you! Everyones proud of you... however please dont brag.. there are people out there who need your help.. who need you to be there for them and to watch their backs and be kind to them... so please be there for your friends and anyone else who need your support the next few days...

For people who arent happy with what they get tomorrow: Please do not be upset, I know you wouldnt like it when people say "there are loads of options such as apprenticeships and resitting and clearing etc." and I didnt like it either but the fact is that you still have BETTER options... you could maybe do better than how you wouldve performed if you actually did sit the exam.. you could maybe use those better grades to impress a uni or college or employers... but please do not be upset about whatever happens because I am proud of how far you have come.. and if I.. someone who went into the wrong kind of stuff when he was younger.. someone who had mental health issues... someone who was lonely and didnt have friends.. got jump from Ds and Cs and Bs at GCSE to A* and A grades at A levels (I self studied btw) then so can you!

I am proud of you...

for those who need advise and help on results day.. feel free to tag me and talk to me or send me a PM.. here for you always my brothers and sisters
studybean:b
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
same:cry:
good luck:crossedf:
macy_m
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by studybean:b)
same:cry:
good luck:crossedf:
You too!!
Usernamechange44
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not in year 11 but good luck to anyone who’s receiving their results tomorrow!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (88)
21.62%
No (319)
78.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed