Fighting boredom with science Watch

*Dreamer*
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I don't know whether this is the best place to put this, but I'd like expert opinions OK, well I get really bored at home and often go out and mess around, but I know that I can do so much more at home. I'm really into Science (particularly Chemistry and Biology) and hope to study Medicine and become a doctor. But I want something 'scientific' if you like, that I can do at home, that will be really beneficial and interesting. So far I've come up with a scrapbook that I could make (but I don't know what I could put in it), but if you have any ideas please post them here. Thank-you!
Eidolon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Make your own website... science blog, following medical breakthroughs etc?
Formica
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Make a remote control helicopter, or a remote control submarine. That would be awesome, especially with a live feedback camera.
Sk1lLz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Formica)
Make a remote control helicopter, or a remote control submarine. That would be awesome, especially with a live feedback camera.
:ditto: Although the likelihood of this is highly unlikely.
*Dreamer*
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Eidolon)
Make your own website... science blog, following medical breakthroughs etc?
Thats not a bad idea actually! I'll definitely consider that! Thank-you!
Eidolon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Plus, not so much relevant to medicine, unless it was some kind of endoscopic submarine...
Eidolon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *Dreamer*)
Thats not a bad idea actually! I'll definitely consider that! Thank-you!
I have been meaning to do something along those lines for a while, although with different subject matter, I think it will help when reading journals for next year
Formica
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sk1lLz)
:ditto: Althought the likelihood of this is highly unlikely.
It's not as hard as you might think. The remote control helicopter could be done with balsa wood, brushless motors and some other general tat, but it's all fairly easy to obtain. The camera might be more difficult considering the weight and price, but still reasonably doable.

I might just try this...
Ekpyrotic
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
Make a weather balloon. Include a camera.
Sk1lLz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Formica)
It's not as hard as you might think. The remote control helicopter could be done with balsa wood, brushless motors and some other general tat, but it's all fairly easy to obtain. The camera might be more difficult considering the weight and price, but still reasonably doable.

I might just try this...
That's pretty interesting. I'd make one if I could.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (541)
80.27%
Leave (133)
19.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise