sarahfonsecax
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Where can I find psychology work experience?
lozzyhickers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It’s hard. Before uni it’s practically impossible, and you’d be better finding something which will use similar skills, like self management, communication etc. During uni it’s possible but easier to get caring or research work as most healthcare centres/trusts won’t take volunteers in psych until graduated.

If you’re thinking of it through for your PS, work experience isn’t needed to study psych at undergrad level.
Last edited by lozzyhickers; 5 months ago
sarahfonsecax
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by lozzyhickers)
It’s hard. Before uni it’s practically impossible, and you’d be better finding something which will use similar skills, like self management, communication etc. During uni it’s possible but easier to get caring or research work as most healthcare centres/trusts won’t take volunteers in psych until graduated.

If you’re thinking of it through for your PS, work experience isn’t needed to study psych at undergrad level.
I've done work experience at a nursery and I could link that to development psychology as I want to do just a psychology degree so that I have more options in the future. Do you think I'll still need to do work experience for communications for business psychology then? And also I found a program by UCL called Young Psychologist program but it's £95 online for business and clinical psychology and then £165 for another day about sport and forensic psych or I could do it at the uni but it's even more expensive. Do you think it would be worth it as I'll just put it on my personal statement? Sorry for so many questions lol my school hasn't been helping us at all with ps.
lozzyhickers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by sarahfonsecax)
I've done work experience at a nursery and I could link that to development psychology as I want to do just a psychology degree so that I have more options in the future. Do you think I'll still need to do work experience for communications for business psychology then? And also I found a program by UCL called Young Psychologist program but it's £95 online for business and clinical psychology and then £165 for another day about sport and forensic psych or I could do it at the uni but it's even more expensive. Do you think it would be worth it as I'll just put it on my personal statement? Sorry for so many questions lol my school hasn't been helping us at all with ps.
To be honest I think the nursery experience will be more than enough. I’ve literally never heard of someone who applied for psych and didn’t get a place somewhere. Getting in at the undergrad level isn’t that hard. All I had was experience working in the family shop and that was enough. You obviously know how to communicate from working in the nursery.

I personally wouldn’t bother with the UCL course, a lot of these are just a way of getting more money out of people. You can get there without it.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The admissions tutors are more interested in the academic side than any work experience you have
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.08%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.92%

Watched Threads