Is anyone also in this situation?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So my driving test was booked for late Feb but kept getting rescheduled and last month they said that they are cancelling again and will email me to pick a date
It’s been almost a month and I’ve heard nothing from them.... anyone else
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I heard in Georgia they're letting teens drive without taking the test if their parents say they are good drivers! Wouldn't want to be on those roads. :laugh:
Anonymous #1
I’m almost ready to do my test so just wanna do it now, how long did you guys have to wait before they emailed a reschedule date??
Broque_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I only know the situation in England. They have re-started driving tests. They are sending emails to applicants whose test were cancelled in chunks, from the earliest groups onwards, to re-book a test. You'll just have to wait, that's what our family's driving instructor told us at least. I recommend reading the government article on it: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...d-theory-tests
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Broque_)
I only know the situation in England. They have re-started driving tests. They are sending emails to applicants whose test were cancelled in chunks, from the earliest groups onwards, to re-book a test. You'll just have to wait, that's what our family's driving instructor told us at least. I recommend reading the government article on it: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...d-theory-tests
See because my test was in early March I feel like I should have been emailed by now, like my original test was supposed to be on the 3rd of March
Broque_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
See because my test was in early March I feel like I should have been emailed by now, like my original test was supposed to be on the 3rd of March
That seems fair. My parent had theirs booked for early March (don't know the exact date) and they got the email today, this morning. So I would say, if you have an instructor or are part of a school, to contact them and see what the situation is, otherwise, wait a few days. When you get the email, you can get a driving test as early as in 3 days, so no need to worry you'll end up having a test in months.
Anonymous #1
That seems fair. My parent had theirs booked for early March (don't know the exact date) and they got the email today, this morning. So I would say, if you have an instructor or are part of a school, to contact them and see what the situation is, otherwise, wait a few days. When you get the email, you can get a driving test as early as in 3 days, so no need to worry you'll end up having a test in months.
Oh okay maybe I will get mine soon then... I read somewhere that someone phoned in and the woman admitted that they don't really have an order for the tests as the system messed up so its random?
Broque_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh okay maybe I will get mine soon then... I read somewhere that someone phoned in and the woman admitted that they don't really have an order for the tests as the system messed up so its random?
Haha, considering the state of our government and agencies I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case :iiam:
Anonymous #1
Haha, considering the state of our government and agencies I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case :iiam:
Yeah I didn’t get my email today maybe I’ll email in and ask them why I haven’t yet
Broque_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I didn’t get my email today maybe I’ll email in and ask them why I haven’t yet
Their offices are closed over the weekend: https://www.gov.uk/contact-dvsa/y/dr...river-or-rider

I'm not sure if they'll still be sending out the re-booking emails though. You'll need your driving license number and your booking reference if you contact them or if you end up getting the email. (found in your original booking confirmation before it was cancelled, should be a series of numbers, 7-10 digits, forgot the exact).

Edit: It seems they have tons of emails and aren't answering the phones. Anyone who has had luck on Twitter has gotten the same reply: "Please DM us your driving... and booking reference...".
Last edited by Broque_; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Their offices are closed over the weekend: https://www.gov.uk/contact-dvsa/y/dr...river-or-rider

I'm not sure if they'll still be sending out the re-booking emails though. You'll need your driving license number and your booking reference if you contact them or if you end up getting the email. (found in your original booking confirmation before it was cancelled, should be a series of numbers, 7-10 digits, forgot the exact).

Edit: It seems they have tons of emails and aren't answering the phones. Anyone who has had luck on Twitter has gotten the same reply: "Please DM us your driving... and booking reference...".
Ah okay, I guess the best thing to do is just wait. I was on the phone for 40 mins lol so gave up
lovecore
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm in exactly the same situation, my test was booked for the second week in April though so I assume I'll have to wait a bit longer
melisaxo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same here!
Had a test in March which got rescheduled to June and then to September. That got cancelled too and I got an email saying to wait.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (9)
17.31%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (14)
26.92%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (3)
5.77%
No, I haven't received any communication (26)
50%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed