Why do many people think that Brazilian soccer team represents entire Brazilians?

Watch
ripmyheart
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Why do many people think that Brazilian soccer team represents entire Brazil racial demography but other countries not? Many countries the majority of soccers are black ( France, Colombia, Equador etc..) and anyone think that France soccer team represents entire France population. Many people have the ridiculous misconception if brazilian soccer team is majority black and mulatto probably all brazilians also.
GatoMessi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Been to Colombia 8 times. Majority people who live in the capital (Bogota) are white. Most people with Light mulatto lives in Medellin (2nd largest city), most people with mulatto complexion live sin Cali (3rd city) and darker complexion lives on the caribbean coast.

Bogota has 2,600m above sea level, with 1,400m for Medellin and around 800m for Cali - hence the colour of their complexion.

They are all their true nationality - white, light mulatto, mulatto and black.

As for France (for example), many were immigration. Footballers like Zidane - French Algerian; Michel Platini - French Italian. etc
ripmyheart
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Ok but despise the insignificance the majority of brazilians presidents are white. Brazil have many supermodels in Victoria Secrets. Many MMA fighters. And one of the largest white populations in Latin America. Brazil have some celebrities outside Brazil than soccer team and not all are black or mulatto. Adriana Lima, Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio, etc. it doesn't answer my question but thank you.
Last edited by ripmyheart; 1 week ago
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ripmyheart)
Why do many people think that Brazilian soccer team represents entire Brazil racial demography but other countries not? Many countries the majority of soccers are black ( France, Colombia, Equador etc..) and anyone think that France soccer team represents entire France population. Many people have the ridiculous misconception if brazilian soccer team is majority black and mulatto probably all brazilians also.
When I think of Brazil I think of beaches, cocktails, giant asses and then football.

Brazil has a predictable social to USA 2050. Vicious crime, more militant, the whites about 50% and them and the Asians producing all the income and the blacks still protesting, probably then getting reparations. Maybe protesting that the Western Civilisation in Plato, Newton, Shakespeare was white and not enough credit given to the mud huts of west africa or the cannibalistic natives of peru. But without the cocktails and ass...

Such is life with diversity
Last edited by Zürich; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (190)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (286)
50.26%
I still don't know (93)
16.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed