The Student Room Group

psychology course accredition through GBC

Hi,
I completed my BSc Psychology Honours course in India and I have received offer letters for MSc Clinical psychology from UK universities. So my goal is to apply for a doctor programme in Clinical psychology in UK.
My psychology honours course in india has 140 credits according to the course plan (not yet given to BPS for accreditation). And the MSc course in UK has 180 credits. So when I apply for GBC will they consider giving it based on combining both the degree credits or considering the MSc course of UK as a conversion course or will I have to do a conversion course?
Reply 1
Original post by Anaghaa
Hi,
I completed my BSc Psychology Honours course in India and I have received offer letters for MSc Clinical psychology from UK universities. So my goal is to apply for a doctor programme in Clinical psychology in UK.
My psychology honours course in india has 140 credits according to the course plan (not yet given to BPS for accreditation). And the MSc course in UK has 180 credits. So when I apply for GBC will they consider giving it based on combining both the degree credits or considering the MSc course of UK as a conversion course or will I have to do a conversion course?

Also the MSc Course is Clinical psychology and I know that none of the MSc Clinical psychology are BPS accredited
You could ask and see if they would accept the two - it's not just about the number of credits, it's also about what is covered (and at the right depth). There is no guarantee though

Plus as (if) an international student, you would have to check the requirements/funding for the doctorate
Reply 3
Original post by Interrobang
You could ask and see if they would accept the two - it's not just about the number of credits, it's also about what is covered (and at the right depth). There is no guarantee though

Plus as (if) an international student, you would have to check the requirements/funding for the doctorate

Okay thank you. Also like how long does it take for the GBC accreditation
Original post by Anaghaa
Okay thank you. Also like how long does it take for the GBC accreditation

I'm afraid I don't know. Most people do it via the traditional undergrad/post-grad route. The BPS will need to look at what you've covered to decide whether it fulfils their criteria
Reply 5
Original post by Interrobang
I'm afraid I don't know. Most people do it via the traditional undergrad/post-grad route. The BPS will need to look at what you've covered to decide whether it fulfils their criteria

Okay will do that..Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest