aaa24
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok so I'm going into yr 11 in September and was wondering if anyone else is or has studied Jane Eyre as I'm trying to pick important quotes but its literally impossible to choose cos its so long......Any tips on choosing and organising notes + analysis???

Also if anyone has any recommendations on revision guides for the following: (exam board - aqa)
Jane Eyre
Love and relationships poetry
Inspector calls
Macbeth

Is it worth getting the Mr Bruff revision guides - do they have more than the videos????

Thanks
livlifestudying
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I found the cgp macbeth book really good because it explained all the words that are difficult to understand. Not the revision guide but theres one that has the full play
aaa24
Rep:
?
(Original post by livlifestudying)
I found the cgp macbeth book really good because it explained all the words that are difficult to understand. Not the revision guide but theres one that has the full play
Is it this one????
Attached files
Medi-cry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Omds I hate english so much, its gonna be the death of me istg
livlifestudying
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aaa24)
Is it this one????
Yes! I found it so helpful
aaa24
Rep:
?
(Original post by no.1 equestrian)
Sameeeee like who decided we should memorise 15 poems for an exam :shifty:
Medi-cry
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aaa24)
Sameeeee like who decided we should memorise 15 poems for an exam :shifty:
15 poems? omds :facepalm: we dont do that w my exam board
aaa24
Rep:
?
15 poems? omds :facepalm: we dont do that w my exam board
omg lucky- what exam board do u do???
MusicalMe101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I studied An Inspector Calls and Macbeth, I found the CGP revision guides really helpful as they covered most of the themes and all of the characters in enough detail to get a good mark. It also has practise questions at the back and an example of an answer so they also go over the structure, but I wouldn't rely on it and would ask your teacher if you have any questions about it.

When it comes to picking out quotes, I chose quotes which applied to a theme and a character and got around 10 quotes per character as some quotes applied to several themes. I suggest picking out ones that stand out to you as you may find them easier to memorise and also easier to use in the exam as you will know where it is in the play and what was said around it (and by who).
Last edited by MusicalMe101; 1 month ago
harleyx123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aaa24)
Ok so I'm going into yr 11 in September and was wondering if anyone else is or has studied Jane Eyre as I'm trying to pick important quotes but its literally impossible to choose cos its so long......Any tips on choosing and organising notes + analysis???

Also if anyone has any recommendations on revision guides for the following: (exam board - aqa)
Jane Eyre
Inspector calls
Macbeth

Is it worth getting the Mr Bruff revision guides - do they have more than the videos????

Thanks
hiii, I'm in year 9 going into yr10 and I have the CGP books for 'love & relationships poetry; Inspector calls; and Macbeth' i would really recommend getting them ( they are only about £5 each) and they are really good - it simplifys the story down and then goes into detail <33
i hope this helps xx
Sameera2020
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
macy_m
I found this post... I think it proves that the new user isn't me.
macy_m
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sameera2020)
macy_m
I found this post... I think it proves that the new user isn't me.
Yeah 😁
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I made mindmaps on every character with 4 key ideas surrounded by quotes and then further analysis.

This was good for me since in my essays I always ended up getting from 28-30 / 30, and for poems I made notes on form, structure, language and context.

Main thing is being able to write an essay in timed conditions bringing all your ideas together
Srihitha
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aaa24)

Jane Eyre
Inspector calls
Macbeth

Thanks
Hi,
I did An Inspector Calls and Love & Relationship Poetry from your list above.
I have some revision resoources, if anyone would like me to send them, please message me privately,
I got an 8 in English Literature (AQA),
Kind Regards,
Srihitha
harleyx123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Srihitha)
Hi,
I have some revision resoources, if anyone would like me to send them, please message me privately,
Kind Regards,
Srihitha
wait bro what did you get in English lang?
I really need help
Srihitha
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wait? I am talking about English Literature resources not English Language.
🤣🤣 Don't mix them up - Might be confusing for others,
Last edited by Srihitha; 1 month ago
Cherrygrape1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,
Kind Regards,
Srihitha
Hi how did u revise poetry
Srihitha
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cherrygrape1234)
Hi how did u revise poetry
Well, I basically made detailed plans combining different resources and notes from class and made them into essays which I kind of just memorised.
I have the notes if you want?
Hope that helps
Cherrygrape1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well, I basically made detailed plans combining different resources and notes from class and made them into essays which I kind of just memorised.
I have the notes if you want?
Hope that helps
Please could I see the notes if they are for free if you don’t mind
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tip for you guys: it’s best to make your own notes that suit your writing style, because then it’ll fit better in your essay than remembering someone else’s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (53)
25.36%
Less motivated (156)
74.64%

Watched Threads