LMWilliams18
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I completed an application for student finance for this september. I had a look at my student finance yesterday and it said my application was cancelled and apart from sending off my birth certificate, everything was fine with my application. I phoned student finance wales and they said my account was temporarily cancelled because they were waiting for my birth certificate to come through, it should be there now becuase i sent it off two weeks ago.

He said it takes up to 20 days to get and scan evidence, he said i needed to check the website reguarly and it should be ok. Im worried i may have to make a new application even thought it took a while to sort this one out. Im worried the money will be late for September, for my first year in university. I still havent recieved a letter saying how much im gonna receive yet, even though most of my friends have. Plz help, any advice greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LMWilliams18; 2 weeks ago
Stephb1502
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They’ll reinstate the application when they receive your birth certificate. When did you sent it? I’m sure ID evidence isn’t scanned, maybe give them another call
LMWilliams18
Rep:
?
I sent a photocopy of my birth certificate for them around two weeks ago with a second class stamp, so it should have been there by now. He did say we had to scan the evidence. I might wait to give them another call for now and give it a few days maybe?
LMWilliams18
Rep:
?
im hoping it is nothing to worry about
Stephb1502
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They won’t accept a photocopy it has to be the original. They definitely don’t scan ID documents
LMWilliams18
Rep:
?
That's weird because when they sent me an email to say I had to send in my birth certificate, they said to send in a photocopy, not actual. Do u think I should wait to hear back from them and then send the actual one?
Stephb1502
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would give them a call just to make sure. Especially with September coming up fast
LMWilliams18
Rep:
?
Yeah I will, just to make sure. Im worried that I won't have my money on time even thought I was a bit earlier than the deadline this year. I will give them another call tommorrow. im not sure what to ask them though, what would you say 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (160)
38.55%
Take autumn exams (126)
30.36%
Look for a job (15)
3.61%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.34%
Take a year out (70)
16.87%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
6.27%

Watched Threads