What would be easier to study for an evening course

Watch
JKT071
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, i'm not sure if this is this is the correct place to be posting this but i was wondering what would be easier to study for an evening course, i have two options which are psychology and english, i am going to be studing a HNC in art and design this year and i am wanting another higher so i meet the entry requirements for university.
Vilinnell
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s simple advice, really: do a subject because you like it, not because it’s “easy”.

Also - what subject do you want to do at uni or in the future? That should be a huge factor in your considerations here. What do you think the uni will want to see on your certificate - Psychology, or English? Remember that they don’t just look at the subject in itself, they also look at the skills you’ve gained from doing that subject. What will you learn in the courses that’s applicable to your uni course and future career?
JKT071
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vilinnell)
It’s simple advice, really: do a subject because you like it, not because it’s “easy”.

Also - what subject do you want to do at uni or in the future? That should be a huge factor in your considerations here. What do you think the uni will want to see on your certificate - Psychology, or English? Remember that they don’t just look at the subject in itself, they also look at the skills you’ve gained from doing that subject. What will you learn in the courses that’s applicable to your uni course and future career?
I'm considering to further my studies in art and design, but I'm looking to get another higher so I'm not relying on just my HNC, when I was in 6th year I was struggling with higher English but I wasn't sure whether it was me not understanding the course or my teacher not explaining things in the best way, and I don't want to end up failing by getting stuck in the same way I did when I sat it originally.
Vilinnell
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JKT071)
I'm considering to further my studies in art and design, but I'm looking to get another higher so I'm not relying on just my HNC, when I was in 6th year I was struggling with higher English but I wasn't sure whether it was me not understanding the course or my teacher not explaining things in the best way, and I don't want to end up failing by getting stuck in the same way I did when I sat it originally.
I’d say if you think Higher English is going to be difficult then you could do Psychology. However, it might be best to inform your decision by looking at what the course expects of you:

https://www.planitplus.net/Nationals/View/260

https://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/Hig...Psychology.pdf

You could also contact the college to ask more about the Higher. In the end, it’s your choice, but if English might be too hard for you then Psychology could be your best shot. Just make sure you’re comfortable with the course and that it’s something you want to do! :thumbsup:
JKT071
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vilinnell)
I’d say if you think Higher English is going to be difficult then you could do Psychology. However, it might be best to inform your decision by looking at what the course expects of you:

https://www.planitplus.net/Nationals/View/260

https://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/Hig...Psychology.pdf

You could also contact the college to ask more about the Higher. In the end, it’s your choice, but if English might be too hard for you then Psychology could be your best shot. Just make sure you’re comfortable with the course and that it’s something you want to do! :thumbsup:
thanks for the info, i was only considering psychology as back in 2018 there was an overlap of information in higher biology and i found that to be some of the more memorable parts of biology.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JKT071)
Hi, i'm not sure if this is this is the correct place to be posting this but i was wondering what would be easier to study for an evening course, i have two options which are psychology and english, i am going to be studing a HNC in art and design this year and i am wanting another higher so i meet the entry requirements for university.
In all honesty, an easy subject would be Higher RMPS or a foreign language (if you're decent-ish at langs).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (88)
38.26%
Take autumn exams (75)
32.61%
Look for a job (6)
2.61%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.48%
Take a year out (39)
16.96%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
6.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise