Education BA to Cognitive Neuroscience MSc

Watch
Roomaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Really simple question.

Going into the final year of my undergraduate degree now and would really like to study something different (more scientific) for my masters. Would going from Education to Cog Neuroscience be possible?

Although they’re not really interlinked I do feel like there could be some level of relevance between the subjects. I have studied a module in first year which was psychological/biological and have studied relevant optional modules in 2nd and 3rd year too.

What do you guys think my chances would be?
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Roomaa)
Really simple question.

Going into the final year of my undergraduate degree now and would really like to study something different (more scientific) for my masters. Would going from Education to Cog Neuroscience be possible?

Although they’re not really interlinked I do feel like there could be some level of relevance between the subjects. I have studied a module in first year which was psychological/biological and have studied relevant optional modules in 2nd and 3rd year too.

What do you guys think my chances would be?
I had a quick look at some unis offering Masters in Cognitive Neuroscience and they required a UG degree in psychology:
York Uni need a UG degree in Psychology, Neuroscience or Biology.
UEA - Psychology or a relevant discipline in the Sciences or Social Sciences.
Swansea - 2.2 degree in Psychology, or a related discipline. But I guess I am telling you something you have already researched.

I did find an Educational Neuroscience masters at Birbeck Uni in London. You would have to enrol for the certificate first because you dont have a psychology degree. If you pass that, you can continue to gain the masters. Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads