AJ234z
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
what is the highest degree that you can study for psychology in university in the UK and how many years does that take altogether with the compulsory 4 years included?
lozzyhickers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The highest degree in PhD/Doctoral Degree. But what do you mean re. 4 years compulsory?
AJ234z
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by lozzyhickers)
The highest degree in PhD/Doctoral Degree. But what do you mean re. 4 years compulsory?
i mean as in to get the PhD degree in psychology, how many years on top pf the 4 years do you need to do?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
In general you would do an undergrad, then a Masters then a PhD.
Sometimes you can skip the Masters depending on which PhD you go for and your marks/experience. You can also instead go to do the DClinPsy
It really depends on what you’re wanting to do with psychology as it’s a broad field.
lozzyhickers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by AJ234z)
i mean as in to get the PhD degree in psychology, how many years on top pf the 4 years do you need to do?
I still don’t know what 4 years you’re talking about. Most of the psych degrees in the UK are 3 years full time, add on an optional masters that quite a few people do for 1 year and then 3+years for a PhD or doctoral degree you’re looking at 6-7years. Generally quicker if you go down the PhD route, but as a warning the PhD would allow you to work academically but not clinically. For that you’d need a professional doctorate that requires additional experience. I’ve known people take 12+ years to complete that journey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.41%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.45%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (91)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.55%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.51%

Watched Threads