Chrono's 2020 Summer-bucket Challenge!

Watch
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

Welcome! :wavey: You've stumbled upon my 2020 summer bucket challenge blog! I very much enjoyed doing the lock-down challenge, so I thought I might as well have a go with the summer one :woo:Over the next few weeks (aka summer) I'll be attempting to complete the goals I've set myself and will be aiming to update this blog weekly or if I've completed a task :yes:

Time to proceed to the goals I intend to complete, they are as follows:

01.:ninja2: Get a 4 star rating for my island on Animal Crossing New Horizons (I'm still living the island life :thumbsup:, but it's only 3-stars atm )

02.:ninja2: Read five books + write some book reviews (on this thread :gah: )
This will complete my yearly challenge of reading 25 books, as I'm currently on book 21 atm :woo: :excited:

03.:ninja2: De-clutter and organise my bedroom

This will hopefully make packing for uni a lot more easier :yes:

04.:ninja2: Read some of my reading list for Uni

I got this sent to me which included some resources to get started with which will be interesting :excited:

05.:ninja2: Bake something
My friend sent me a recipe they made chocolate chip cookies with :yum: so its likely to be that at some point

06.:ninja2: Finish watching Tiger King on Netflix
Long overdue - I'm still currently on episode six :hide:

07.:ninja2: Watch a TV series

08.:ninja2: Watch 10 films

09.:ninja2: Get 10,000 points on Freerice.com
I did this as a goal on my Lockdown challenge and it was so fun :yep:

10.:ninja2: Start a scrapbook
Sent off for some photos a while back for uni room decoration. I don't think I'll need them all though, so I'll use the rest of them for this

11.:ninja2: Do some arts and crafts things

12.:ninja2: Read and research some Chess tips so I can improve more :thumbsup:
As of yet my record is winning 1 chess game. Maybe researching YouTube for chess tips and chess openings will help me improve :iiam:

Key

Red = 9/12 (not started yet)
Orange = 3/12 (currently completing)
Green = 4/12 (completed)

If you want to be tagged mention it below, and I'll make sure to tag you when I update :danceboy:
Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 week ago
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It’s here!!! Good luck! Wow what a long list. I’m sure you will do great completing it though!

Can I have a tag?
Last edited by 5hyl33n; 2 months ago
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
It’s here!!! Good luck! Wow what a long list. I’m sure you will do great completing it though!

Can I have a tag?
Thanks
Sure! :hugs:
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Heyyyyy :hugs: Good luck for all of your goals We have the same goal for Freerice :five:
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
Heyyyyy :hugs: Good luck for all of your goals We have the same goal for Freerice :five:
Thanks! :penguinhug:
Yep freerice is so fun :awesome::five:
I normally stick to the timetables category as I can guarantee I'll know the the answer :yes: though there's something about timetables which is relaxing (maybe I should try a different category this time...)
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Chronoscope)
Thanks! :penguinhug:
Yep freerice is so fun :awesome::five:
I normally stick to the timetables category as I can guarantee I'll know the the answer :yes: though there's something about timetables which is relaxing (maybe I should try a different category this time...)
I'm normally do the intermediate French one to increase my vocab (though I do switch. to timetables or english if I want to do it quicker ) :five:
jemima0103
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

Welcome! :wavey: You've stumbled upon my 2020 summer bucket challenge blog! I very much enjoyed doing the lock-down challenge, so I thought I might as well have a go with the summer one :woo:Over the next few weeks (aka summer) I'll be attempting to complete the goals I've set myself and will be aiming to update this blog weekly or if I've completed a task :yes:

Time to proceed to the goals I intend to complete, they are as follows:

01.:ninja2: Get a 5 star rating for my island on Animal Crossing New Horizons (I'm still living the island life :thumbsup:, but it's only 3-stars atm )

02.:ninja2: Read five books + write some book reviews (on this thread :gah: )
This will complete my yearly challenge of reading 25 books, as I'm currently on book 21 atm :woo: :excited:

03.:ninja2: De-clutter and organise my bedroom

This will hopefully make packing for uni a lot more easier :yes:

04.:ninja2: Read some of my reading list for Uni

I got this sent to me which included some resources to get started with which will be interesting :excited:

05.:ninja2: Bake something
My friend sent me a recipe they made chocolate chip cookies with :yum: so its likely to be that at some point

06.:ninja2: Finish watching Tiger King on Netflix
Long overdue - I'm still currently on episode six :hide:

07.:ninja2: Watch a TV series
(It will be The Umbrella Academy series 2 :woo: )

08.:ninja2: Watch 10 films

09.:ninja2: Donate 10k grains of rice on Freerice.com

10.:ninja2: Start a scrapbook
Sent off for some photos a while back for uni room decoration. I don't think I'll need them all though, so I'll use the rest of them for this

11.:ninja2: Do some arts and crafts things

12:ninja2: Read and research some Chess tips so I can improve more :thumbsup:
As of yet my record is winning 1 chess game. Maybe researching YouTube for chess tips and chess openings will help me improve :iiam:

Key

Red = 10/12 (not started yet)
Orange = 2/12 (currently completing)
Green = 0/12 (completed)

If you want to be tagged mention it below, and I'll make sure to tag you when I update :danceboy:
Your list sounds so fun . I'm oping to create a scrapbook too. I have loads of picture on my wall, but I want to have something that's easier to take places with me
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
wow i never knew the ninja2 emoji even existed!! good luck and tag me please
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Update 1 (05/08/2020)

I must admit I have been putting off updating this blog, because I wasn't sure how to start due to layout etc :hide: But without further ado lets get started :thumbsup:

Goals in Progress

Goal #1 Get a 5☆ island in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Here I might have been a bit over- ambitious so I think I might lower it to "get a 4☆ island rating" instead. It's just a huge work in progress at the minute. I'll add in some pictures of it once my Switch is charged :cyber:

Even though I've only been had the game since the end of June, I'm finding some of the features especially terraforming so fun. At the moment, I'm making an orchard with all the different fruits (you can collect cherries, apple, pears, coconuts, oranges, peaches, and bamboo). My next goal in the game is attempt to pay off my house loan which is like 1 million bells :eek3: (im so in debt in this virtual game :giggle: ) The next mini project is designing a bit more of the villagers neighbourhood as I have 10 other villagers who don't. help. me. :nah:

If you don't know what Animal Crossing New Horizons is there's a tldr in the spoiler

Spoiler:
Show
Its a nintendo switch game, SO
basically this company called Nook Inc owned by Tom Nook exists, and you're offered a "getaway package" which consists of a deserted island which you csn decorate, build houses, & shops on. The money is in "bells currency" and the black market is turnips (don't ask idk why either :iiam: )

You get 10 villagers which are animals

Then you do random things like fishing, catch bugs, chop wood, make DIY's, visit other peoples AC dream islands, and do terraforming which is basically just landscaping cliffs & water/river areas

Goal #3 - Declutter and organise my bedroom. This goal is in full swing because results day is right around the corner, and ideally want to ensure my bedroom is as clean as it can be before I leave for uni (all going well). This is still ongoing but I've managed to fill a charity bag of stuff and have started another which will eventually be donated.

Goal #7 - watch a TV series. Omg the second series of The Umbrella Academy has been released :woo: I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: Yeah so I've just started the second episode 2 (series 2). No opions yet of it though except its good so far :yes:
The other tv show I've been watching a lot of recently is SuperNanny (i'm so weird, lol). I don't think I can call it a guilty pleasure any more... i don't even want kids :afraid:

Goal #8 watch 10 films or more.

Films that have been watched are:

The Time Machine (2002) - 6/10. Enjoyed watching but I don't think it held up to the 1960's version. The actors/actresses were fairly good to watch though

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief - 2/10. Obviously being a fan of Rick Riordan's books I needed to find out how "bad" the film's were because according to the fan base the films are so bad they shouldn't exist :sad: I wasn't disappointed :nah: (tv series anyone?)

Nim's Island - 3/10. Not my choice of film (parents choice lol) but was lighthearted and easy viewing. Enjoyable, good characters/actors etc. The plot was sort of OK.

Question of the day: do you have any favourite films you'd recommend? (open to any reccom's on netflix/iplayer/disney+)

Until the next time :gah:

Tags :party:
Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 month ago
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i need to sort out my room too
mrs doubtfire's on disney+ and i love that film :gah:
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not had the greatest success with films then :lol: I enjoyed “ready player one” on amazon prime
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
09.:ninja2: Donate 10k grains of rice on Freerice.com
I'm just curious how you'd go about counting this out
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
:popout: On the side bar it counts it for you, so luckily you don't need to count it manually (that would be fun ) :nah: luckily 10k is a round number though so I know I've done approx 2k so far (& the others were for the lockdown blog) :borat:

Name:  20200806_152109.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  40.4 KB
(Original post by Napp)
I'm just curious how you'd go about counting this out
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:popout: On the side bar it counts it for you, so luckily you don't need to count it manually (that would be fun ) :nah: luckily 10k is a round number though so I know I've done approx 2k so far (& the others were for the lockdown blog) :borat:

Name:  20200806_152109.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  40.4 KB
Less amusing than counting out individual grains but interesting nevertheless!
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Update 2 - to uni or not? :ms:

Apologies for not updating. This will only be a short update as I'm visiting my Nan this afternoon for the first time since lockdown began, she's been shielding but I'm now in a support bubble with her :love:

I have been full of anxiety since Results day because of you know... everything :hide:

The good news is... I GOT INTO UNI! :woo: :party: I'm doing a foundation year with Food Science, which is what I applied to do initially, but I'm praying the foundation year will be enough time for a bit more of the pandemic to blow over remains hopeful

Long story short, I had to wait until my Level 3 qualification to come in the post (its not one of the main exam boards), it eventually came on Saturday. So I uploaded (or thought I had) uploaded it to my now uni's portal so they could review it. Apparently when I emailed them a couple of days ago, it wasn't able to be viewed their end :sigh: So I re-uploaded it which seemed to work properly the second time Waited until today and Track has been changed to an unconditional offer (+received an email from uni confirming my place) :bird:

Lets just say I'm relieved because Monday was stress, yesterday I was basically :cry2: for like 3/4 of the day and went to bed with a headache, and today has been mostly panic because I've been checking my emails every 5 minutes since yesterday up until now so its good to be writing about it here

I think that's all my news for now :thumbsup:

:grouphugs:

DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Woohoo congratulations :woo:
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
congratulations!
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's great news! Congratulations! :woo:
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yasss chrono :rave: :hugs:
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Update 2 - to uni or not? :ms:

Apologies for not updating. This will only be a short update as I'm visiting my Nan this afternoon for the first time since lockdown began, she's been shielding but I'm now in a support bubble with her :love:

I have been full of anxiety since Results day because of you know... everything :hide:

The good news is... I GOT INTO UNI! :woo: :party: I'm doing a foundation year with Food Science, which is what I applied to do initially, but I'm praying the foundation year will be enough time for a bit more of the pandemic to blow over remains hopeful

Long story short, I had to wait until my Level 3 qualification to come in the post (its not one of the main exam boards), it eventually came on Saturday. So I uploaded (or thought I had) uploaded it to my now uni's portal so they could review it. Apparently when I emailed them a couple of days ago, it wasn't able to be viewed their end :sigh: So I re-uploaded it which seemed to work properly the second time Waited until today and Track has been changed to an unconditional offer (+received an email from uni confirming my place) :bird:

Lets just say I'm relieved because Monday was stress, yesterday I was basically :cry2: for like 3/4 of the day and went to bed with a headache, and today has been mostly panic because I've been checking my emails every 5 minutes since yesterday up until now so its good to be writing about it here

I think that's all my news for now :thumbsup:

:grouphugs:

omg massive congrats! :jumphug: :grouphugs: amazing news! So excited for you :heart:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (27)
19.71%
No (110)
80.29%

Watched Threads