g.lynch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,I'd really like to get a PGDE in Maths, but graduated 4 years ago with an Accounting degree. I know in England you can complete a subject enhancement course before the postgraduate, but I can't find evidence of anything similar in Scotland (which is ideally where I would study). Does anyone have experience of doing something similar?Thanks
GabiAbi84
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
One option might be to complete a Cert of HE in Maths with the OU to give you the required number of credits needed to do the PGDE Maths. In Scotland it’s free if you earn under 25K. It can be done over a year or two depending on your other commitments. Other places may offer a maths Cert HE also. You may want to double check with universities that offer the Maths PGDE that it would be accepted though.
g.lynch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
One option might be to complete a Cert of HE in Maths with the OU to give you the required number of credits needed to do the PGDE Maths. In Scotland it’s free if you earn under 25K. It can be done over a year or two depending on your other commitments. Other places may offer a maths Cert HE also. You may want to double check with universities that offer the Maths PGDE that it would be accepted though.
Thank you so much, this is super helpful and is hopefully the way around my problem!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise