richard10012
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Will HS2 benefit the whole of the U.K.? Will it bring more investment to the north and the midlands? Will people move out of London to the midlands and the north and commute to work? This will obviously increase prices.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Doubt it, it certainly wont have any conceivable benefit to Scotland of Wales - 2 parts of the UK.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The main benefit is going I think to be capacity on the London-Birmingham-Manchester route, including those local services to places such as Milton Keynes which may have more space.

The north and Midlands are more likely to benefit from more people working from home and not moving to be near to London. Spending less money in London sandwich shops but in their local supermarkets and cafes, for example.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think it has become rather irrelevant given Corona. Everyone is now working from home. Better still, businesses have finally realised that technological solutions are viable whilst sitting on expensive city centre offices benefits no one in particular.

Commuters aside (and people do commute from Manchester to London), business travel is a perk but I can't help feel it has been shown these last few months to be unnecessary.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
I think it has become rather irrelevant given Corona. Everyone is now working from home. Better still, businesses have finally realised that technological solutions are viable whilst sitting on expensive city centre offices benefits no one in particular.

Commuters aside (and people do commute from Manchester to London), business travel is a perk but I can't help feel it has been shown these last few months to be unnecessary.
Business travel I am sure will be one of the things that reduces for many years to come and will affect air travel probably just as much. Another reason why I would cancel the third runway at Heathrow.
richard10012
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
So will properties prices rise
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by richard10012)
Will HS2 benefit the whole of the U.K.? Will it bring more investment to the north and the midlands? Will people move out of London to the midlands and the north and commute to work? This will obviously increase prices.
A few years ago, they estimated a boost of £30 billion a year to the local economy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.8%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.75%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (104)
54.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed