Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there a formula , like a routine or something that people who get straight A's at A-level, I really want to get them. I mean like do you allow yourself a certain amount of social time or do you put it all off until uni. Any suggestions, or shall I just go with the flow.

ReputationRep:
    Work hard.

ReputationRep:
    Go with the flow.

I suppose it depends on how commited you are or if you have a natural ability.

ReputationRep:
    Work hard. don't go with the flow. You have to put the work into it and make it your number one to get the A's!!!

ReputationRep:
    no i think you are old enough to realise what works for you in terms of learning new things. go into the exam thinking 'right, see if you can beat me...'

ReputationRep:
    Go with the correct 'flow'; you'll have to steer yourself in the right direction (if we're using a water based analogy)

Seriously, just work hard and get things done on time (don't let it get on top of you).

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't think there's a specific formula. Everyone has to work different amounts to get the same grades. Just work as hard as you can within reason and then you can't really do any better than that. If you can't get straight As you just can't, there isn't some sort of magic formula. But please allow yourslef some social time!

Put your heart and soul into AS exams so that at A2 you only need Cs to get an overall A.

ReputationRep:
    just practise lots and lots of past papers.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure the straight A graders have a lot of natural ability in the subjects chosen.

And I’m sure they study hard of course, not 100% of time spent revising like insane genius types in their private study-room for hours on end every day, but a reasonable amount.

I say this because I’ve seen people study harder and more sincerely than an A grade student, and come out with a C in the end. So natural ability counts for a lot.

ReputationRep:
    My formula for gettings As consisted of turning up to the exams.

ReputationRep:
    You can easily get A's if you:

1) choose a subject that you like
    2) pay attention in class and not fool around or fall asleep :P
    3)Clear your doubts immediately (or atleast before you forget them!)
    4) Get extra help either from friends or teachers on stuff that you find hard
    5) practice lots of past papers

and finally.....

Enjoy your subject!! (sounds easy... but really hard to do )

ReputationRep:
    Be clever.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.