The Student Room Group

I feel like a bad person

Over the past few months I've gotten to know a person. This person and one of my friends disliked each other as their personalities clashed, they both had good reason for disliking each other. However I got to know a side to this person that my friend didn't know, seeing a side to them that they hadn't shown others before and we became good friends. Eventually we ended up planning a date. Over those months I was still there for my friend, however I could sense that we were growing more distant and I felt like they only messaged me in the late afternoon when they had noone else to talk to. They found out about the date and we haven't spoken ever since. Did I mistreat them by talking to someone they had good reason to dislike?
Reply 1
You do not have to pick sides between your friends. If your one friend cannot respect that, they are not worth your time.
Original post by Anonymous
Over the past few months I've gotten to know a person. This person and one of my friends disliked each other as their personalities clashed, they both had good reason for disliking each other. However I got to know a side to this person that my friend didn't know, seeing a side to them that they hadn't shown others before and we became good friends. Eventually we ended up planning a date. Over those months I was still there for my friend, however I could sense that we were growing more distant and I felt like they only messaged me in the late afternoon when they had noone else to talk to. They found out about the date and we haven't spoken ever since. Did I mistreat them by talking to someone they had good reason to dislike?

I've been in a similar situation. Nothing you did was wrong. You just have one of those personalities that click with multiple and that makes you valuable as a friend. Its sad that they only messaged you when they felt they had noone else to talk to. imo that friend seems to have shown bad qualities before they found out you went on that date. So don't beat yourself up over this. You'll find better friends that aren't so... You know what I'm trying to say. Good luck and best wishes for your future relationships
Reply 3
No, you did not mistreat anyone. Just because your friend didn't have such a good relationship with the other person, does not mean that you have to abide by their feelings. You were able to build a friendship with the other person and that is more than okay. 😊
You have the ability to be friends and build a connection with anyone that you wish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending