The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Horicana
What makes you ask that??

Just offering a different perspective 🤷🏻*♂️
Reply 61
Original post by Anonymous
In my case it's just cause if I don't act blindly supportive of everything I run the risk of being labelled as 'transphobic'. All I said is that I'd still they looked like they were transitioning (because of the facial structure). Different people have different perceptions. No trolling there.

Dw I don't see you that way I appreciate the honesty lol. I think perhaps the facial structure is something that could be changed through the process if I decide to go through with it, and I don't think it's majorly noticeable right? Like if you had just seen the video or pic without context would you still think that?
Yes, you look absolutely fine.
HiWow , I think you look nice as girl and you not dressed over top ok.If you dress little more causally as a girl then you do well out in the streets.If I walked passed you I wouldn't think you weren't a girl. Only time I would know that if I asked you something.Just go out in public when you feel ready to ok, wont be easy at first for you but you'll get used to it .Love your style of clothing.
Yes you do :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by Lazarevic
Just offering a different perspective 🤷🏻*♂️

A different perspective how? I've supressed this my entire life and I've never felt so sure of anything more than this. This is currently a trial run if you will but since I started I have given up bad food, been healthier, my depression has lifted, I am more content with myself inside. Yes I'm sure as of this moment even if some people think it's crazy. I respect that some people don't like it or think it's ridiculous and maybe it is, but I'm just trying to be happy
Reply 66
Thankyou! I just got them from Amazon. I'm glad you like them I can send you some links if you like?

Thankyou so much for the kind words

Please do!! I love a good amazon find 🤭 xx
Original post by Tracey1995
HiWow , I think you look nice as girl and you not dressed over top ok.If you dress little more causally as a girl then you do well out in the streets.If I walked passed you I wouldn't think you weren't a girl. Only time I would know that if I asked you something.Just go out in public when you feel ready to ok, wont be easy at first for you but you'll get used to it .Love your style of clothing.

yes i was going to say, don't need to try TOO hard. Most women are nowadays dressed pretty low key (i am in jeans/top/hoodie) and don't really dress girly as such (beyond stuff like nights out).
Most Uni students dress similar bar a few.
dressing more low key may assist in passing better, compared to dressing in a gothy style which more says "look at me" and then you do look, and maybe wonder.
Really like your style, the hat with the hair looks great x
> Do I pass as female?
> Please no judgment
Reply 71
> Do I pass as female?
> Please no judgment

Yes. By that I mean please no judgement over my decision to consider transitioning in general, as in I don't want to hear people questioning why I'm doing it or expressing their disgust etc. How did you not realise that?

Lol thanks a lot of peopoe have said that!

Sorry if it’s been said before, but it is very stylish!!

It’s lovely to see you being you , I hope it all works out and you will be very happy

Best wishes x
> Do I pass as female?
> Please no judgment

Prsom
Original post by Catherine1973
yes i was going to say, don't need to try TOO hard. Most women are nowadays dressed pretty low key (i am in jeans/top/hoodie) and don't really dress girly as such (beyond stuff like nights out).
Most Uni students dress similar bar a few.
dressing more low key may assist in passing better, compared to dressing in a gothy style which more says "look at me" and then you do look, and maybe wonder.

Hi Catherine

Yes I think what you said is helpful for him to dress more causal or low key but it depends on how he feels with what he wears as it won't be easy for him at first remember, if he getting support from his family then he shouldn't find any worries.

Well students dress up with t-shirts or low cut tops with either jeans or skirt depending where they are of course,

More causal I think at first instead of thee Gothic look will certainly help him pass better as a girl. No over the top makeup either I think.
oh yes, i can imagine if you have always wanted to dress "as a girl" you would dress more girly than most women generally do now in day to day wear. (then again, i was never into "fashion" even when younger)
Reply 76
Original post by Lazarevic
Prsom

By no judgement I mean in terms of judging my decision to do this in general, I don't mean please don't judge how I look. How did that pass you?
Original post by Catherine1973
oh yes, i can imagine if you have always wanted to dress "as a girl" you would dress more girly than most women generally do now in day to day wear. (then again, i was never into "fashion" even when younger)

Tbh this isn't how I would go out in general everyday. I took these photos to show off the outfit that I put together on another site. I have more casual style too.
You look fantastic. :smile:

From a distance, 100% passing. In the close-up I would've suspected you were AMAB, but I've been heavily involved in the LGBT comm for years so tend to pick up on the small nuances. I doubt the average person in the street would look twice at you - unless it's because they thought you were attractive, of course!
Reply 79
Original post by sinfonietta
You look fantastic. :smile:

From a distance, 100% passing. In the close-up I would've suspected you were AMAB, but I've been heavily involved in the LGBT comm for years so tend to pick up on the small nuances. I doubt the average person in the street would look twice at you - unless it's because they thought you were attractive, of course!

Thanks! What do people generally think if they see someone transitioning out and about? I feel like I'll just be seen as like a freak and be laughed at or whispered about behind my back

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending