phsics problem on velocity time graph.

Watch
ngwu somto
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
a car drives pass a police checkpoint at a velocity of 15m/s if after 3secs a police motorcycle starts chsing the car , if after 18 secs the police is abreast of the car and flags it down . if the police stops instantly in yhe next 4 secs . the car moves for 4secs before applying brakes and stops in 2secs .find the velocity of the police cycle.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ngwu somto)
a car drives pass a police checkpoint at a velocity of 15m/s if after 3secs a police motorcycle starts chsing the car , if after 18 secs the police is abreast of the car and flags it down . if the police stops instantly in yhe next 4 secs . the car moves for 4secs before applying brakes and stops in 2secs .find the velocity of the police cycle.
Well this is different to the usual "will I get points on my licence" thread!
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I thought for a second that theory tests had got a lot tougher and more sinister... "If the police motorcycle should approach from your left, which hand should the driver eject the magazine from their Browning Hi Power and throw it into the bushes?. Find the velocity of the police barrage."

TheDE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ngwu somto)
So the car travels 45 meters in the 3 seconds, and assuming it continued at the same speed by the time the bike is alongside the car and bike have covered 315 meters together. The car covered the distance in 21 seconds and the bike at 18 seconds, at 17.5 m/s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.99%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
28.04%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (102)
53.97%

Watched Threads