xkellydonoghue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’ve been contacted by a company called south model management and am worried about whether they are legit or not. if anyone has had an experience with them i was wondering if i can trust them or not. they told me to go to whitechapel studios on 23 hessel road but it doesn’t look like a studio when i look online. i just don’t know whether to go to the shoot or whether it’s too risky
thagirlhanna
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Take someone with you
thagirlhanna
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How did they contact you? Have you tried searching them online? Never go alone.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by xkellydonoghue)
I’ve been contacted by a company called south model management and am worried about whether they are legit or not. if anyone has had an experience with them i was wondering if i can trust them or not. they told me to go to whitechapel studios on 23 hessel road but it doesn’t look like a studio when i look online. i just don’t know whether to go to the shoot or whether it’s too risky
This thread mentions the exact same address, so almost certainly a scam:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...5697732&page=8
xkellydonoghue
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by thagirlhanna)
How did they contact you? Have you tried searching them online? Never go alone.
all they did was email me and that’s how i applied, i’m on my way there now but i’m alone so should i not go!
thagirlhanna
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
all they did was email me and that’s how i applied, i’m on my way there now but i’m alone so should i not go!
I wouldn't risk your safety. Try applying to more legitimate and known agencies/ organisations. That way you'll never be in danger.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If they sent you an unsolicited email out of the blue and are operating out of the same address that scammers were using within the last 6 months, I would absolutely not go.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
This thread mentions the exact same address, so almost certainly a scam:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...5697732&page=8
Agree with the above OP - It’s mostly likely a scam, not least because of the questionable location...
Ryank1207
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Company house has no companies registered at that address from what I can see, the company name does not show any legitimate companies. If they are legitimate, they are not registered which rings alarm bells.
psych95
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
OP are you ok?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (11)
20.75%
Better than expected (11)
20.75%
Worse than expected (31)
58.49%

Watched Threads