Haiiii how do you study? Like actually LEARN

Watch
2026_helia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Yah. the title.

because everyone expects you to like 'know' how to just l e a r n stuff by heart just like that. Sure we can use flashcards, make notes, read the texbook, get the spec and all... but how do YOU study? Do you have some weird or unique way of learning?

just-
how do you learn?

and did it produce the results you are looking for? (i know results day hasn't come up yet so yeah you can't be sure, but based on previous tests n all... you know)

Chocolatecakexx
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I just record myself and listen to myself and write notes from what I'm recording
bluebeetle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I create flashcards covering the whole spec.

Then I do like ~3 sets of questions / past papers, using the flashcards as and when I need. After that, I split the flashcards into ones I had to use (not yet learned) and ones I didn't need to use (already learned). I put the already learned cards away, and keep the not yet learned cards to go through for 15 mins a day. After a few days, go back to doing questions / past papers and repeat the process.

If you're doing multiple subjects, you can sort of keep this on a cycle. So for the days where you're just reviewing a set of flashcards for one subject, you can be doing past papers for another subject.

This has worked reliably for me for maths. I can't say how well it works for other subjects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.16%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
50%
I still don't know (98)
16.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed