Mature student taking GCSE maths for the 4th time!

Watch
Amyjane__
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So in the summer of 2021 I will be sitting maths gcse exams once again. I am trying to study the curriculum myself at home..
Any useful resources??? Thanks 😫
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Khan academy is really good.
JaffaNeko
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm sure you can find past exam papers to revise from so you can somewhat predict what they may be looking for. Don't give up hope and good luck
mqb2766
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Amyjane__)
So in the summer of 2021 I will be sitting maths gcse exams once again. I am trying to study the curriculum myself at home..
What has been the problem in the past?
lulumillie02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Websites like onmaths and corbettmaths are really good, they also have YouTube channels too for explanations of topics and grade busters.
Hegarty Maths is good too but the subscription has to be paid for, they do also have a YouTube Channel which again explains topics and goes through questions.
I hope this helped
Good Luck.
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think the main thing is to recognise what has held you back from passing in the past - is it algebra, shapes, putting things into formulas? etc. Then practising these until you're confident in them e.g. with CorbettMaths, MathsMadeEasy, PhysicsandMathsTutor, MissBsResources Good luck!
Pablopip
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Maths Genie is great. It sorts types of questions into grades so you can work through stuff progressively. It also has videos for all past papers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (20)
18.35%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (28)
25.69%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (61)
55.96%

Watched Threads