The Student Room Group

Need advice

I am on a gap year and have been looking for work since July, I sent of loads of applications but it is taking ages to hear. In october i am travelling, I only just had an interview today. They are looking for someone for the whole year basically they said in the interview so if they offered me the job i am not sure what to do. I am really desperate for money at the moment. Could i say after a month it just working out and resign or what should i do?
Reply 1
Look for a job after you've been travelling? How long are you going for? Maybe you could tell them that you can start after you've been travelling, for the whole year? Or you could start then resign, but that depends on the notice period required, because some places are a month. I don't think they would be too pleased if they trained you to work then you went! Also, they wouldnt have you back again!

Good Luck :smile:
Reply 2
I wouldnt mind about not going back really well there were a few other candidates so they will probably just select the one who can start straight away and work for the whole year. I dont think the training is that hard really.

Latest

Trending

Trending