aZm16
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
In the past, many kids have had low grades in their mocks but came out on results day with 7-9 grades... what if this could’ve happened now?
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
if the student thinks they deserve a higher grade, they can resit the exams in october/november. nothing can be done about this what-if scenario. teachers should have tried to look at a student's performance holistically when predicting them grades but results day won't please everyone.
aZm16
Rep:
?
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
if the student thinks they deserve a higher grade, they can resit the exams in october/november. nothing can be done about this what-if scenario. teachers should have tried to look at a student's performance holistically when predicting them grades but results day won't please everyone.
Thanks for the reply. You are right. I’m just a bit nervous and I want to find out my grades as soon as possible.
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by aZm16)
Thanks for the reply. You are right. I’m just a bit nervous and I want to find out my grades as soon as possible.
it's absolutely normal to be worried, but worrying won't help unfortunately! try to distract yourself with other things ie. meeting up w friends, reading, watching tv or movies. everyone's in the same boat as you and it'll be okay :hugs:
aZm16
Rep:
?
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
it's absolutely normal to be worried, but worrying won't help unfortunately! try to distract yourself with other things ie. meeting up w friends, reading, watching tv or movies. everyone's in the same boat as you and it'll be okay :hugs:
Yeah I definitely agree...thanks for your help!🤩
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aZm16)
Good luck with your results. I'm sure you will have done better than you think and regardless of the outcome you will always have options
aZm16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Good luck with your results. I'm sure you will have done better than you think and regardless of the outcome you will always have options
Thank you! Hopefully it will all turn out good! 😃
Pablopip
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aZm16)
In the past, many kids have had low grades in their mocks but came out on results day with 7-9 grades... what if this could’ve happened now?
The results will be standardised so that overall as a country grades are similar to previous years (actually a tiny bit higher). Yes despite this will some individuals get the 'wrong' grades, but I think it is done as fairly as it possibly can be.
aZm16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pablopip)
The results will be standardised so that overall as a country grades are similar to previous years (actually a tiny bit higher). Yes despite this will some individuals get the 'wrong' grades, but I think it is done as fairly as it possibly can be.
Let’s hope for the best🤞
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well last year a lot of people did better in their GCSE’s, it was the people who had lower target grades in my school and I had higher target grades which was harder to achieve, I got most of them but some of them were way too high.
Last edited by Geraldthegoat; 1 week ago
aZm16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Geraldthegoat)
Well last year a lot of people did better in their GCSE’s, it was the people who had lower target grades in my school and I had higher target grades which was harder to achieve, I got most of them but some of them were way too high.
That’s a great achievement! I’ve been predicted high grades i just hope I get them 🤞🤞
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (202)
39.38%
Take autumn exams (155)
30.21%
Look for a job (17)
3.31%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.09%
Take a year out (88)
17.15%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
5.85%

Watched Threads