Is lockdown Ruining my relationship or is it me?

Watch
samg09
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I know lockdown has been testing for many couples but I feel like my boyfriend has suddenly become very distant. He never wants to do anything and just slumps around the house but then again haven’t we all during lockdown. However the last few days he’s stopped talking to me, I seem to start every conversation and this morning he snapped at me when I asked him what was wrong. Instead I asked him how I could help and if there’s anything I could do to make him happy and he just said no. It’s really taking a turn on my mental health and making me panic that maybe lockdown has ruined my relationship because he’s had to spend more time with me. I’m just wondering if anyone has any suggestions about what I do next because I’m honestly exhausted and so so sad about it all. Please help.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by samg09)
I know lockdown has been testing for many couples but I feel like my boyfriend has suddenly become very distant. He never wants to do anything and just slumps around the house but then again haven’t we all during lockdown. However the last few days he’s stopped talking to me, I seem to start every conversation and this morning he snapped at me when I asked him what was wrong. Instead I asked him how I could help and if there’s anything I could do to make him happy and he just said no. It’s really taking a turn on my mental health and making me panic that maybe lockdown has ruined my relationship because he’s had to spend more time with me. I’m just wondering if anyone has any suggestions about what I do next because I’m honestly exhausted and so so sad about it all. Please help.
He is ruining it not lockdown
samg09
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
It’s just very worrying as he’s never been this withdrawn from me for this long, I’m just stuck on what to do
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
Finish it
Abzzz57
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, im sorry your going through this, it's a tough situation at the moment and 100% the lockdown has affected a lot of couples! I think it has been a make or break period, but that doesn't mean it's break for you guys.

If possible, organise a day out, even if it's a walk to your local park, or if your happy to organise a day out with friends or family. Just creating a new scene will completely change someone's mindset, he may just be feeling stuck and restless and doesn't know how to say it or deal with it. It isn't your fault at all so please don't let it affect you at all.

If you guys don't want to go out, maybe do something you haven't done together yet, like creative buy some paints and ask him to draw you whilst you draw him or buy some ingredients for cocktails and have a party together.. whichever is fun for you guys and something that takes you out of the same routine!

Finally, take some time out for yourself, go out and grab a coffee and sit on a bench somewhere and do something that you enjoy! I wish you the best and don't let it get to you too much!
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
suggest some time apart and see how he responds
Anonymous #3
Report 4 months ago
You're not doing anything wrong whatsoever. Him refusing to communciate what his issue is, is the problem. Then you'll go around trying to please him and find out what the problem is when you've done nothing wrong. It's a bit abusive, can't be dealing with those sorts of games. He is a big boy, he can **** ing communciate to his partner who is trying to be accommodating. If I were you, I would try and keep busy with your friends and family until he decides to act like an adult, tell him he needs to communciate.
Fermion.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Lockdown doesn’t give someone the excuse to act like a ********. Also, we aren’t really even on lockdown anymore (most of the UK) so maybe he should get a grip?
Anonymous #4
Report 4 months ago
Well a lot of people have been breaking up in lockdown but I see it as a test to see if they truly like u because if they did they would make it work trust me. It might just feel distant because you’re not seeing each other as much or he could be losing feelings but not certain if he wants to end it causing him to snap at you but he should never do that. I think u should call him or meet up and explain that it’s upsetting u, if he doesn’t reassure u or change to show that he cares and wants u there, honestly drop him sis, throughout lockdown my bf FaceTimes every 2 days or so and when we don’t call he tags me in Tiktok’s that remind him of me which is cute. Don’t settle for less I used to be in a relationship like this and it’s not worth waiting around being unsure, communication is key and he should make effort to make u feel wanted you know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (732)
33.83%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (926)
42.79%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
18.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed