SOAS Masters LLM Human Rights, Justice and Conflict

Watch
Bowale
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
advice for personal/supporting statement. Also, I'd like to work for an NGO etc, is LLM advisable?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bowale)
advice for personal/supporting statement. Also, I'd like to work for an NGO etc, is LLM advisable?
Do you have an LLB?
Have you contacted the NGO's and seen the job adverts?
Have you asked the unis where graduates from the course go?

Its only worth doing imo if it has a use on the other end.

As for your statement, work out whats on the course and why you wish to study that subject at that uni. Look at the course structure. Read the course details and mimic what they find great about the course.
Bowale
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Do you have an LLB?
Have you contacted the NGO's and seen the job adverts?
Have you asked the unis where graduates from the course go?

Its only worth doing imo if it has a use on the other end.

As for your statement, work out whats on the course and why you wish to study that subject at that uni. Look at the course structure. Read the course details and mimic what they find great about the course.
yes I have an LLB. I've seen one job advert, and they said "Amnesty International is seeking a Legal Adviser or Policy Adviser to provide law and policy advice". And, "You will have substantial expertise and professional experience in human rights law" etc. The uni im applying to say this "many of whom are now working at the UN, in NGOs, in government, private practice, policy work or academia."
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bowale)
yes I have an LLB. I've seen one job advert, and they said "Amnesty International is seeking a Legal Adviser or Policy Adviser to provide law and policy advice". And, "You will have substantial expertise and professional experience in human rights law" etc. The uni im applying to say this "many of whom are now working at the UN, in NGOs, in government, private practice, policy work or academia."
Then yes you have an end purpose for it.
You still need to write your ps mostly on the terms of why you wish to study the subject.
Bowale
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Then yes you have an end purpose for it.
You still need to write your ps mostly on the terms of why you wish to study the subject.
yes, i've written drafts of it. thanks for replying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (173)
24.68%
Better than expected (145)
20.68%
Worse than expected (383)
54.64%

Watched Threads