The Student Room Group

is there anywhere i can get feedback on my university essays please?

hi guys. i hope you're all doing well.

apologies if this is in the wrong place, which is kind of what my question is about (funnily enough). the main gist is - i'm in my 2nd year of my Economics degree at a RG university. i will be first-sitting my January exams in a month or so's time, due to ECs. all of these exams will be open-book, 1000 word online essays.

i really want to improve my essay writing, as this seems to be something i struggle with. in my first year, i received 65% for, essentially, all my essays, and never managed to get any feedback. for my essays that I wrote for my most recent June exam period, i received 65% (macroeconomics, which was a very theoretical essay) and 68% (financial economics, which incorporated both theory and discussion of literature).

i am extremely eager to master my essay technique to 70%+ for my upcoming essays. it is extremely difficult for me to contact my lecturers as many appear busy this summer. it is very difficult for me to gauge how well an essay that i've written is.

i was please wondering if there is anywhere on TSR that i could please get anyone to read over any practise essays i write in the next month? sadly, i don't have even a single friend on my course to help me out with this. and the majority of my friends do STEM subjects, so i've never even had the chance to read someone's 1st class essay before.

thank you very much for any help - it's greatly appreciated!
Original post by ashaxo99
hi guys. i hope you're all doing well.

apologies if this is in the wrong place, which is kind of what my question is about (funnily enough). the main gist is - i'm in my 2nd year of my Economics degree at a RG university. i will be first-sitting my January exams in a month or so's time, due to ECs. all of these exams will be open-book, 1000 word online essays.

i really want to improve my essay writing, as this seems to be something i struggle with. in my first year, i received 65% for, essentially, all my essays, and never managed to get any feedback. for my essays that I wrote for my most recent June exam period, i received 65% (macroeconomics, which was a very theoretical essay) and 68% (financial economics, which incorporated both theory and discussion of literature).

i am extremely eager to master my essay technique to 70%+ for my upcoming essays. it is extremely difficult for me to contact my lecturers as many appear busy this summer. it is very difficult for me to gauge how well an essay that i've written is.

i was please wondering if there is anywhere on TSR that i could please get anyone to read over any practise essays i write in the next month? sadly, i don't have even a single friend on my course to help me out with this. and the majority of my friends do STEM subjects, so i've never even had the chance to read someone's 1st class essay before.

thank you very much for any help - it's greatly appreciated!

I would have thought that sort of work is more suitable for you hiring a tutor.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
I would have thought that sort of work is more suitable for you hiring a tutor.

thanks so much, i have thought exactly the same thing but sadly it's not financially viable for me
thanks so much, i have thought exactly the same thing but sadly it's not financially viable for me

The point is you are asking for someones time, not just anyone, but someone who knows how to improve to get a first. That should almost be double the going rate on its own. You will have to see what books are out there.

I have to agree with @999tigger here: you're asking for someone with knowledge your subject at Level 5 to comment critically on your work. This isn't likely to come free of charge (unless you find a very benevolent economics graduate here), and anything free of charge is likely to be of limited usefulness and quality.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
The point is you are asking for someones time, not just anyone, but someone who knows how to improve to get a first. That should almost be double the going rate on its own. You will have to see what books are out there.

Original post by Reality Check
I have to agree with @999tigger here: you're asking for someone with knowledge your subject at Level 5 to comment critically on your work. This isn't likely to come free of charge (unless you find a very benevolent economics graduate here), and anything free of charge is likely to be of limited usefulness and quality.

thank you, i understand

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending