VW Touran 2006 as first car?

Watch
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey everyone, I am soon about to start driving lessons learning the manual transmission. I'm looking forward to it. Anyway whenever I pass my Dad has told me he will give me his old Touran which is fine as that saves money on buying a car but I've always heard that new drivers should preferably begin in a smaller vehicle and this car is kinda big. Would there be any substantial difference? Will it be harder to adjust to after learning in a Yaris? Will the much bigger size make this 1000x harder to manoeuvre? Thanks.
Attached files
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
Hey everyone, I am soon about to start driving lessons learning the manual transmission. I'm looking forward to it. Anyway whenever I pass my Dad has told me he will give me his old Touran which is fine as that saves money on buying a car but I've always heard that new drivers should preferably begin in a smaller vehicle and this car is kinda big. Would there be any substantial difference? Will it be harder to adjust to after learning in a Yaris? Will the much bigger size make this 1000x harder to manoeuvre? Thanks.
You should probably run a dummy quote to see how much it'll cost for you to actually insure that car first. Yes, if you take your father's Touran then you won't need to spend money on buying a car, but the insurance will probably be quite high. Maybe you can sell it or part ex it for a smaller car with a smaller engine?

Anyway, if you do intend on keeping it, you will probably find it a bit cumbersome to park at first, but you'll get used to it quickly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (26)
17.57%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (42)
28.38%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (80)
54.05%

Watched Threads