Will all this economic investment effect 2021 student loans?

Watch
2_versions
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey everyone, the title pretty much sums up the reason of the post - kinda worried since I have no money for university fees saved up and it looks like next year we will be in the negative 100's of billions with all this investing, incoming recession and potential for second waves... Just wondering if the Gov will have to cut student loans and if there's anywhere I can read more about this. If my post seems stupid because of my lack of understanding on student finance then just tell me haha, I'll remove it. Thanks
NeroliTenzing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Legally they can't change the most important Ts & Cs of the loan during your study. If they have told you you're entitled to tuition fees at the start of your course, as long as you don't leave that still applies. If they were getting rid of tuition fee support in 21/22 year, that would only apply to new students starting then. I would think society would really have to implode make the scenario you're concerned about. If that happened, I think we'd have bigger worries than Student finance :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (161)
38.7%
Take autumn exams (126)
30.29%
Look for a job (15)
3.61%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.33%
Take a year out (70)
16.83%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
6.25%

Watched Threads