Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can Someone please tell me what u done at ur duke of edinburgh award?

what type of service, skills , physical recreation n expedition?

Full Explaination of Service, Skill, Physical recreation and Expedition in Duke of edinburgh award

thanks for reading :confused:
    n THANKS A LOT if u answer

ReputationRep:
    My service (Bronze) was a piece of piss: several weeks at a fire station (though it was so long ago I can't remember exactly, all I remember clearly is playing with hoses...). Physical was several weeks of circuit training, and monitoring for that all important improvement (improvement is the key to the physical), skills was my Air Cadet training and I did my expedition in West Sussex, studying rocks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for that info!! anyone else would like to share?

ReputationRep:
    Don't participate in the Duke of Endingburgh award, it's a waste of time and money.

ReputationRep:
    lol

how long does each one of the skills last?
    i meant how many months?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bnasir)
    lol

how long does each one of the skills last?
    i meant how many months?
    Do you want information for Bronze, Silver or Gold?

ReputationRep:
    Have a look here: http://www.theaward.org/participants...=47,229&id=110

ReputationRep:
    Bronze

Voluntary. I was MYP for Shropshire, so used that. you could volunteer i chairty shops, nursing homes, brownies, youth groups, school clubs......

Sport: learn to swim classes (embarressing i know, at 16), friends did: football, tennis, netball, volleyball, horse riding...

Skill: Drama GCSE/singing lesson/main role in school play les mis. friends did guitar, singing, knitting (lol), first aid, evening spanish classes

and then expedition!

ReputationRep:
    I just did gold award and volunteered at a charity shop for the service, used driving lessons as the skill, cross country running for sport, 5 days in the highlands for expedition.

I haven't got round to doing a residential yet and actually finishing it.

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot people ^^ really appreciated

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.