Books that you would recommend for 2020/2021 PGCE(primary) student.

Watch
KE216
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have an unconditional offer at a university to do PGCE primary. I wanted to know What book would you recommend for subject knowledge for maths ,English and Science (that is easy and simple to follow). As I specifically struggle with maths.

2)is there any book that simplifies the teaching standards as i am still trying to get to grips with it but it not going in my head.

3)what books did you find useful/helpful during your PGCE course? for example how to lesson plan(as I feel i might struggle with this or perhaps Essay writing at masters level.)I just want tips on how you managed doing your PGCE.
zafreenfarooque
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For me, Russell Greig's how to be an outstanding primary school teacher is a good all-rounder
For maths, you have to get Maths explained by Haylock and try NCTEM website
Teaching Primary English, Science etc series of books is good
Read children's fiction books and poetry
Try this website https://teachcomputing.org/primary-certificate
Good luck!
Sophia32
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by KE216)
I have an unconditional offer at a university to do PGCE primary. I wanted to know What book would you recommend for subject knowledge for maths ,English and Science (that is easy and simple to follow). As I specifically struggle with maths.

2)is there any book that simplifies the teaching standards as i am still trying to get to grips with it but it not going in my head.

3)what books did you find useful/helpful during your PGCE course? for example how to lesson plan(as I feel i might struggle with this or perhaps Essay writing at masters level.)I just want tips on how you managed doing your PGCE.
I found Geoff Petty-'Teaching Today' very useful it discusses a variety of topics such as inclusion, differentiation and working with colleagues. All the best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed