coolio333
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
What area of law would data protection and censorship go under?
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 5 months ago
data protection. censorship is a different issue. what exactly are you wondering about?
coolio333
Rep:
?
For my law personal statement i wanted to research into data protection
rcmotorboy
Badges: 17
Report 5 months ago
law covers in a broad sense of how the justice system simply works. Could be anything.

Those laws. interestingly enough, are part of technology because technology has an effect on how we view material, for such laws to be in effect.

We wouldn't get censorship if it wasn't for a the mismanagement of people using the broadcast system and data protection came into effect with what people did with their computers from 1990, because there were a widespread usage of computers. I'm a design engineer, so we were taught about how technology led to having eventful behaviours like laws being in effect.
coolio333
Rep:
?
(Original post by rcmotorboy)
law covers in a broad sense of how the justice system simply works. Could be anything.

Those laws. interestingly enough, are part of technology because technology has an effect on how we view material, for such laws to be in effect.

We wouldn't get censorship if it wasn't for a the mismanagement of people using the broadcast system and data protection came into effect with what people did with their computers from 1990, because there were a widespread usage of computers. I'm a design engineer, so we were taught about how technology led to having eventful behaviours like laws being in effect.
Thank you!
rcmotorboy
Badges: 17
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by coolio333)
Thank you!
Legal Technology‎, that may be what you're suggesting? Technology that's legally bound to the industry and not just now, I mean centuries worth, like that riots that occurred in the 19th century because people lost their jobs, because of the growth of the machines, it's a lot more vast, then you would think.

Anything to do with law and technology, mixed together. That's my best guess.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (21)
13.73%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
27.45%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (63)
41.18%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.03%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise