Amazon, Google and Wish remove neo-Nazi products

Watch
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Interesting move, i know for a fact Amazon has been selling items of, perhaps, a questionable background for a while. It being as easy as a click of the button to find items such as 'the turner diaries' on there.
I am curious as to what degree they'll end up banning items though. Certain items (say a confederate flag) occupying a decided grey zone in terms of whether it is supposedly 'racist', 'far right' etc.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53518008
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They removed the products because someone pointed it out, they won't and probably never will actively moderate their marketplace.

Point and proof. That took me 2 minutes of searching.
Pinkisk
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This has been happening for a long time, since 2017. Much of the stuff they have removed is not Nazi at all, but they call it that in what seems like an effort to justify the censorship. The Southern Poverty Law Centre, the same radical left organisation that helps police YouTube and which has led to a lot of draconian bans and measures on that platform, is also behind this Amazon censorship.

Jeff Bezos has broken his promise to keep Amazon free of censorship, a place where you can find the good, the bad and the ugly, all things that are published legally. People have to now resort to independent sellers for these banned items and I wonder how long it will last before censorship catches up with those as well.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 1 week ago
caravaggio2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I watched a video of somebody on the phone ordering an NFL shirt that you can have a personal message on the back.

Operator "What would you like on the shirt sir"

Customer.... "Free Hong Kong"

Operator Tap tap tap tap......"Sorry sir it wont accept it. "

Customer .....How about "Kill all cops"

Operator Tap tap tap ....."Yes that's ok sir"
imlikeahermit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
They removed the products because someone pointed it out, they won't and probably never will actively moderate their marketplace.

Point and proof. That took me 2 minutes of searching.
That would look tremendous above the mantlepiece!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (39)
41.49%
Take autumn exams (34)
36.17%
Look for a job (2)
2.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (3)
3.19%
Take a year out (12)
12.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
4.26%

Watched Threads