The Student Room Group

Social anxiety gang

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hannah0505
You dont have to hope because its probably going to happen lol no one is following rules anymore

That’s true. Meanwhile I’m at home, scared to even go to the corner shop.🤣🤣
That’s a good experiment tbh but shame it didn’t work😭
I’m 19
How long have u had social anxiety or did u always have it? I’ve always had it but I used to think I was shy.
Samee I felt like this but then I realised it’s okay because they can only see ur eyes and above. I kinda feel invisible.
When people look at me i think that they are talking about me and when i go to like tescos or asda the last thing i would do is ask someone where the product is lmao
😭Gosh anxiety is the worst. I would never wish it on anyone even my enemy. But we will get through this one day❤️
Yessss, around extroverted people I’m so quiet and when I say something I just get ignored so it makes me more quiet.& dw girl we’re friends now😂it’s soo much better on the internet. It’s difficult to show our personality in person.
Original post by Granolakiddo
When people look at me i think that they are talking about me and when i go to like tescos or asda the last thing i would do is ask someone where the product is lmao

😭IKR or when people are laughing behind you and you think they’re laughing at you. My parents tell me to go ask for help and I be panicking so much.
Original post by Averagegirl00
😭IKR or when people are laughing behind you and you think they’re laughing at you. My parents tell me to go ask for help and I be panicking so much.

Omg yess and my parents are worse since they are asian they told the other aunties about this aswell. When my parents say ask for help i just freeze.
Omg yess and my parents are worse since they are asian they told the other aunties about this aswell. When my parents say ask for help i just freeze.

😭I feel you. Mental illnesses don’t exist in Asian households. Literally one time I told my mum I was depressed and she laughed and said why? did someone hit you?
😭I feel you. Mental illnesses don’t exist in Asian households. Literally one time I told my mum I was depressed and she laughed and said why? did someone hit you?

OMGG she made TEA for me because i was depressed. Apparently it would cure THE DEPRESSION :yucky: and i oop......
OMGG she made TEA for me because i was depressed. Apparently it would cure THE DEPRESSION :yucky: and i oop......

😂😂omg I’m dead. Have u recovered then? If so, I’ll need some of that tea.
😂😂omg I’m dead. Have u recovered then? If so, I’ll need some of that tea.

Yes luckily i'm alright i talked to my friends about everything and they understood so thats good, about the tea IT TASTED HORRIBLE it was really bitter and sour and spicy :s-smilie:
I hate hate hate this feeling. When someone watches me do something, I end up acting WEIRD.

I can't type or do simple math in front of people. So at work my boss comes over to my desk and watches me make a ****-ton of mistakes typing something into word. And of course I can't tell him to **** off. Makes me cringe. :colondollar:
Yes luckily i'm alright i talked to my friends about everything and they understood so thats good, about the tea IT TASTED HORRIBLE it was really bitter and sour and spicy :s-smilie:

That’s really good to hear❤️
🤣& ugh gross
Trueee. But then again around our close friends and family we act extremely comfortable and fun.
Original post by Sabertooth
I can't type or do simple math in front of people. So at work my boss comes over to my desk and watches me make a ****-ton of mistakes typing something into word. And of course I can't tell him to **** off. Makes me cringe. :colondollar:

That’s the worst and when one day you make 0 mistakes no one is there to watch😂 I wish people just left us alone to do what we need to do. I work so much better with zero pressure.
I’m going off to do uni to do Nursing and I’m actually scared my SA will ruin it for me.
Do you think it’s important to go out of my comfort zones or just accept that I have SA and not bother?
Let’s all speak about our experiences and relate with each other.✌🏼✌🏼
You’re not alone❤️

Finally!! There a thread about this I have social anxiety I’m 20 I had it when I was 19! It’s been a long time I had it I get soo anxious walking pass of groups of young teenager I am worried I get judge especially guys I just look down on my phone I was sitting on the park a guy stare at me I just look down my phone I always listen to headphone whenever I go it’s make me feel confident I don’t have to hear anyone in the street yes if a guy will talk to me I get so anxious and a little panic attack headphone does help me a lot!
I can barely hold a conversation with people I don’t know well and I’m worried I come across as rude.
I also got let go from my new part time job because I had a panic attack on the first shift. I was uncomfortable for the entire things and struggled to talk and ask for help from my supervisor when unsure. I made a few mistakes and couldn’t compose myself and they did their best to reassure me I would be given another chance and my first shift was just a minor blip. Turns out they weren’t planning on having me back and I was lied to.
Sucks because applying for the job was a massive step for me that I didn’t think I could do. (making phone calls etc)
I feel like I’ve been knocked down.
I forget to breathe when someone's too close for comfort
I reckon some of the people in this thread aren’t even diagnosed and just think social anxiety = awkwaaard.

Quick Reply

Latest