youlooktimelord
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I'm thinking of applying for 2021 and I still have to choose my course, however I've narrowed it down to Physics and/or Maths. How should I choose which one of the two to follow and thus write my PS based on? Are/Were any of you in the same situation? I obviously like both, and have enough to write about each of them, I just don't know which one to pick, and I'd like for it to be just one of the two. Should I look more into the career prospects for each, since I don't yet know what I wanna do after uni?
Einstein 100
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by youlooktimelord)
I'm thinking of applying for 2021 and I still have to choose my course, however I've narrowed it down to Physics and/or Maths. How should I choose which one of the two to follow and thus write my PS based on? Are/Were any of you in the same situation? I obviously like both, and have enough to write about each of them, I just don't know which one to pick, and I'd like for it to be just one of the two. Should I look more into the career prospects for each, since I don't yet know what I wanna do after uni?
Well all u need to do is to see, do you care about the application of each thing in maths?
If yes, then you should go for physics
Sam_R9
Badges: 17
Report 5 months ago
If you are planning on studying engineering at uni, you would need both maths and physics/ chemistry... but maths is important for engineering.
Some unis would require you to take maths and any one of physics/ chem/ bio, while some would ask for either physics or chem... imo, if you opt for engineering, u would need both of them - maths and physics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.34%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.17%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.46%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.41%

Watched Threads