Civil Service - Suddenly Interview at Defra "Paused"?

Watch
makkurokurosuke
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone.

I was really really excited when I was offered an interview at Defra for a really good HE position. I put it in my diary, and I was really looking forward to it, especially as I've been working really hard writing all the behaviours and applications, day and night. So when the news came, it was such a good feeling and I really felt good about myself.

The interview was meant to be at the beginning of August. However, this morning I received a saddening email

"Unfortunately Defra has paused the interview process in order to reflect on emerging business needs. None of the scheduled interviews will now take place.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. Defra invites you to regularly check your Civil Service Jobs Account for further updates on your application"

Does anyone know what this means? I must admit I found it really disheartening as I don't understand why they would be advertising for the position if they suddenly found they didn't have funds for it, or need, especially if I dedicated so many days meticulously preparing the application

It says, though, that they ask to regularly check my application for further updates, which confuses me even more. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
makkurokurosuke
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Anyone?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (38)
23.17%
Better than expected (38)
23.17%
Worse than expected (88)
53.66%

Watched Threads