qweryiiop8734
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I have made this for those who re planning on relocating for their apprenticeships starting in 2020. I personally will be moving to London to do a degree apprenticeship and would love to know others in the same boat as the thought of moving to such a big city not knowing anyone is fairly scary!
PastaMilk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Good job on getting your degree apprenticeship in London!
I'll be moving from a large town/city to a small rural town for my degree apprenticeship. So kinda the opposite from you!
I'm sure it'll be all very different but I find the prospect more exciting than scary.
Hdhedhehwowosjdn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by PastaMilk)
I'll be moving from a large town/city to a small rural town for my degree apprenticeship. So kinda the opposite from you!
I'm sure it'll be all very different but I find the prospect more exciting than scary.
Aw thankyou, you as well!! Wow we really are opposite in that respect haha. Are you just going to be renting our a flat there then?
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by qweryiiop8734)
Hi, I have made this for those who re planning on relocating for their apprenticeships starting in 2020. I personally will be moving to London to do a degree apprenticeship and would love to know others in the same boat as the thought of moving to such a big city not knowing anyone is fairly scary!
Great idea and congratulations on the apprenticeship! What industry will your apprenticeship be in?

Congratulations - glad to hear you're excited! What's your apprenticeship in?

Do you know of others who will be new to the area too?
Hdhedhehwowosjdn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Great idea and congratulations on the apprenticeship! What industry will your apprenticeship be in?

Hi it’s in global banking for an investment bank. I don’t know anyone else even moving to the area yet Thankyou though!
PastaMilk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

There are other apprentices on the same scheme as I am who'll be new to the scheme but I don't really know much about them at this point.
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There are other apprentices on the same scheme as I am who'll be new to the scheme but I don't really know much about them at this point.
Ah right I see! Do you know if the scheme has any form of induction group so you can find out beforehand? I know when I started my apprenticeship we were all invited to join a social media group that was specifically for successful applicants
qweryiiop8734
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm the same, and with everything being online to begin with not sure how easy its going to be to meet people

Ah right I see! Do you know if the scheme has any form of induction group so you can find out beforehand? I know when I started my apprenticeship we were all invited to join a social media group that was specifically for successful applicants
Mine doesnt have an induction group as of yet
PastaMilk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm the same, and with everything being online to begin with not sure how easy its going to be to meet people

We had a call together with some of the staff and the idea was that at the end we would share details but it then didn't end up happening.
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

We had a call together with some of the staff and the idea was that at the end we would share details but it then didn't end up happening.
Do you think there's a way that either of you could set one up? Perhaps you could get in contact with the recruitment team and see if you can support them or pick it up where they left off
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (184)
59.35%
No they should not (91)
29.35%
Abstain (35)
11.29%

Watched Threads